Author Topic: Official v6.20 Bugs Thread  (Read 64743 times)

Offline ChantillySay

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • C
Re: Official v6.20 Bugs Thread
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2012, 11:34:20 PM »
Just downloaded and installed today after reading about the game on a different website.  Started it up with the default 1899 campaign to start feeling my way around, and I'm in August 1902 instead of 1899; it looks like the AI had run things three years forward, since there's already ships built and research done.  Did I do something wrong installing or starting the game? Is this a known issue?

Offline Conscript Gary

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2012, 12:03:51 AM »
It wasn't the AI, that was Steve. It's not so much a default campaign as it is the creator's game he was playing while testing the new version

Offline ChantillySay

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • C
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2012, 12:15:16 AM »
Okay, thanks.  Sorry to ask about something that's not really a bug.

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2012, 02:48:58 AM »
Getting the occasional "Error in UpdateSensorIntelligence, Error 3201was generated by DAO.Recordset, You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in 'AlienClass'. Please report to etc.

I have two player races on Earth, but it may be related to two aliens fighting, as I have seen a few 5 second increments and it doesn't appear to any player race activity. 
IanD

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2012, 08:37:04 AM »
Okay, thanks.  Sorry to ask about something that's not really a bug.

This is why we ask that people post in The Academy when they first start out :)

For details please read the "Where should I post?" FAQ thread.

Have Fun!
John

Offline Jeltz

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2012, 08:40:14 AM »
One TF in training, 3 months DT, after 3 months the TF training is 0%  ???... ok, end the training and setup for the TF a Default primary order "Refuel in current system", then turn: "error 3021 generated by DAO file..." and "Error 94 invalid use of Null"... Restart, delete the Default order for the FT and resume training, then turn: no error. End the training and no order, then turn: ok. Now setup a move to Earth order then turn: it seems ok

J.

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2012, 10:05:06 AM »
One TF in training, 3 months DT, after 3 months the TF training is 0%  ???... ok, end the training and setup for the TF a Default primary order "Refuel in current system", then turn: "error 3021 generated by DAO file..." and "Error 94 invalid use of Null"... Restart, delete the Default order for the FT and resume training, then turn: no error. End the training and no order, then turn: ok. Now setup a move to Earth order then turn: it seems ok

J.
Do you have a commander with crew training in charge of the fleet in question?  To check, go to the Task Force Organization window, and look at the Training box.  If it's 0, that's the problem, and the fleet needs a new commander.
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman

Offline Jeltz

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2012, 12:34:46 PM »
Do you have a commander with crew training in charge of the fleet in question?  To check, go to the Task Force Organization window, and look at the Training box.  If it's 0, that's the problem, and the fleet needs a new commander.

Ach, the fleet!!!   Each one of those ships have a commander (with CrewTrainingRatio=200) but I haven't assigned any official in the Fleet panel. Thank's! But now another question: the fleet is on Earth, in the TaskGroup summary the morale is 43% (and increasing each turn), if I double click on the single ship the Individual Unit Detail appear and here Crew Morale is 0%.

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2012, 01:37:36 PM »
Ach, the fleet!!!   Each one of those ships have a commander (with CrewTrainingRatio=200) but I haven't assigned any official in the Fleet panel. Thank's! But now another question: the fleet is on Earth, in the TaskGroup summary the morale is 43% (and increasing each turn), if I double click on the single ship the Individual Unit Detail appear and here Crew Morale is 0%.
I'm not sure what's going on here.  The morale is increasing because of shore leave, but I don't know what's going on with the Individual Units window.  Also, things like this should go in the Academy, not here.
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman

Offline draanyk

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2012, 03:29:39 PM »
When building multiple Naval Shipyard Complexes at a planet, only one is built, and the order is removed after the build (i.e. if you want to build 3 naval yards, you need 3 "build 1 naval yard" orders).

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2012, 12:01:42 AM »
Disassembling tech that is currently being researched is acting wierdly. I disassembled an internal fusion engine getting Nuclear pulse finished, but the game for some reason gave me capacitor 12(had cap 2 before), and reset nuclear pulse engine research. Likewise the researcher disappeared from the list, and I had to unassign him via the f4 menu to get him back.

Offline Twistshock

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • T
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2012, 02:30:14 PM »
Recently installed Aurora on my new PC, and whenever the game performs the update every 5 days it gets stuck with the following errors:
Running version 6. 21

Error 3021 was generated by DAO.  Recordset
There is no actual post. 

Error 3020 was generated by DAO.  Recordset
The method Update or CancelUpdate is used without AddNew or Edit. 

If the writing of the errors vary it's because they were translated. 

I've tried using the portable version, but it returns the same errors.   I'm able to use the normal and portable aurora on my laptop.   The portable Aurora is located in my Dropbox. 

Edit: Oh right, both my PC and laptop are using 64-bit windows home.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 02:34:55 PM by Twistshock »

Offline DoktorV

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2012, 09:53:16 PM »
6. 21 on Windows 7-64.

I think an entire fleet in my game has just disappeared.  There are no combat messages suggesting they were destroyed in a surprise attack, they just ceased to be listed on the fleet screen and are not showing on the system map.  I suspect it may have had something to do with reassembling a fleet which had been split into survey and non-survey groups, because that was the last order I gave them.  I haven't touched the game since I noticed the problem, no more than a few in-game hours later.  I can provide the save if need be, but I don't know how.

Offline Maltay

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2012, 11:54:06 AM »
ICBM PDC are sometimes bugged.  It is faction specific.  When I start a new game, it sometimes happens and sometimes does not happen.  When I start a multi faction game it happens for some factions but not for other factions.  I have not yet figured out the pattern to which factions it impacts in a multi faction game or what otherwise triggers it in a single faction game.

The bug causes the ICBM PDC generated when you create a pre-TN faction or create them via Fast OB Creation (Shift + F9) to use the pre-v6.00 ICBM PDC design.  The pre-v6.00 ICBM PDC design does not account for berthing or morale.  When you try to play with these pre-v6.00 ICBM PDC they generate numerous errors.

For the faction, or factions, that are impacted I can view the Design screen to try and correct the ICBM PDC design errors.  However, the ICBM PDC designs in the Design screen are correct.  This means that the ICBM PDC in the Design screen and the ICBM PDC generated do not match each other.

I have not yet figured out how to get around this bug and it is preventing me from starting my new multi faction game.  I cannot seem to get past six generated factions before at least one of them is impacted.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2012, 09:46:26 AM »
If you transfer a scientist to another race while they show up on the research screen and are available for assigning to projects they do not appear on the main list of leading scientists on the Leaders screen and you cannot transfer them back to their original race. However they do show up on the search by ability or location box on the F4 screen. This plays hell with my sabbatical plot line ;)
IanD