Author Topic: Official v6.20 Bugs Thread  (Read 63828 times)

Offline Theodidactus

• Registered
  • Commodore
Re: Official v6.20 Bugs Thread
« Reply #360 on: May 25, 2015, 08:16:46 AM »
obviously I'm running a now-ancient version of aurora but:

just purchased a new lenovo laptop running windows 8. Decided to try to run aurora on it (6.21)
Everything works great except the expanding/collapsing menus in "combat assignments" and "fleet organization" don't work at all. I can't even click on them, and sometimes the computer loads them as blank. This is definitely a problem confined to this model of computer because these windows work everywhere else.

Anyone had this problem before? Is it easily fixable?
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #361 on: May 25, 2015, 08:32:14 AM »
obviously I'm running a now-ancient version of aurora but:

just purchased a new lenovo laptop running windows 8. Decided to try to run aurora on it (6.21)
Everything works great except the expanding/collapsing menus in "combat assignments" and "fleet organization" don't work at all. I can't even click on them, and sometimes the computer loads them as blank. This is definitely a problem confined to this model of computer because these windows work everywhere else.

Anyone had this problem before? Is it easily fixable?

Do you have visual keyboard on ? I remember "combat menu" getting really hazy when the visual key is on.
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline Theodidactus

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #362 on: May 25, 2015, 08:40:10 AM »
no that's not it, but I'm covinced it's something that simple because the program works literally everywhere else.
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #363 on: May 26, 2015, 12:11:26 AM »
It's probably whatever version of visual basic came with that windows is somewhat incomplete, have you tried installing it manually?
I think It's now called Visual studio express.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #364 on: May 26, 2015, 02:58:39 AM »
Just noticed that when you refit a damaged ship replacing the destroyed systems with updated systems the ships damage control tab in the Individual Unit Details tab still shows the now removed systems as present but destroyed and the ships design tab does not register the updated systems and the Ships Requiring Repair tab still shows the vessel as damaged.
Its not really a problem, just hit the repair all button, just a niggle.

Ian
IanD

Offline Theodidactus

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #365 on: May 31, 2015, 08:33:16 AM »
It's probably whatever version of visual basic came with that windows is somewhat incomplete, have you tried installing it manually?
I think It's now called Visual studio express.

yeah this hasn't worked.
Any other ideas?

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #366 on: May 31, 2015, 10:21:48 PM »
The only idea I have involves the brute force method of shoving random dll's into your system folder, whichever one that windows actually uses.
That or hours of googling for similar problems with other Visual Basic problems in windows 8, you coukd get lucky as the bug would almost certainly reproduce itself in the same manner under windows 8 in any application using Visual Basic the same way as those windows does.
I vaguely remember there being a mention in the past of a menu problem with certain windows on windows 8, I suggest a deep trawl of this forum.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 10:23:56 PM by MarcAFK »
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Theodidactus

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #367 on: June 01, 2015, 07:16:30 AM »
it was actually very simple: I hadn't ACTUALLY disabled my touch screen. Now I have any everything works swimmingly.

So just in case someone comes looking in the future: disable your touch screen, which you should do anyway because it's stupid.