Author Topic: Quick summary of weapons in a fleet next to ship tonnage  (Read 542 times)

Offline jatzi (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • j
Quick summary of weapons in a fleet next to ship tonnage
« on: October 08, 2023, 11:06:24 AM »
Hi, something I've wanted to see for awhile is a really simple change. I think it'd be nice to have a little readout of the weapons in a task force. It shows the tonnage on the top, it'd be cool if it also showed the number of missile launchers, railguns, particle beams, lasers, etc. Just something to give an indication of the strength of a fleet at a glance.

This is especially helpful in later games that have been going on for awhile and there's a lot of spread out ships and fleets with mixed unit comps. Or when you return to a game after a bit of time of not playing. Or, as is the case when I've thought about this, when you're playing a succession game and people make all sorts of different designs and you are totally unfamiliar with all of their fleet deployments and whatnot.

Thoughts?

The following users thanked this post: Xkill, StarshipCactus

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: Quick summary of weapons in a fleet next to ship tonnage
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2023, 03:55:54 PM »
I think this would be a little complex to just put in the top UI next to tonnage, but there are several tabs in the fleet view with empty space where this could fit, for example the ordnance tab is a natural place. This would also be helpful for AARs to summarize fleet capabilities at a glance.

The following users thanked this post: Xkill, superstrijder15, BAGrimm, StarshipCactus