Author Topic: damage component, command modules and etc  (Read 2168 times)

Offline Mor (OP)

• Commander
damage component, command modules and etc
« on: February 03, 2016, 02:22:00 AM »
1. Can ship all ship components suffer from failure or combat damaged? 
2. Is there any *fun* side effects to damaged components?
3. What happens if a ship bridge or command module is destroyed and there is no redundancy? And does flag bridge counts as Bridge?
4. Is there any manual SM option to disable components?

Offline DIT_grue

• Lieutenant
  • D
Re: damage component, command modules and etc
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 05:06:42 AM »
1. Can ship all ship components suffer from failure or combat damaged? 
2. Is there any *fun* side effects to damaged components?
3. What happens if a ship bridge or command module is destroyed and there is no redundancy? And does flag bridge counts as Bridge?
4. Is there any manual SM option to disable components?
1) No. Someone made a list: I think they were working on weapons pods or something, so try the BoSD subforum. (Oh: combat damage can apply to anything, yes. Maintenance failures only target a limited selection of systems - the thread I'm recalling mentioned making military ships with no added maintenance that were immune to failures due to not having any vulnerable components.)
2) Other than secondary explosions and needing twice the MSP to repair them? Not that I recall offhand.
3) Pretty sure a flag bridge is not a bridge - if it does count I would be surprised and disturbed. For the other, I can't recall anything definite either way.
4) There's an Apply Damage option somewhere - try DAC under Ships? *Checks* Bottom right corner of the Damage Control tab in Individual Unit Details window, next to the Abandon Ship button. It simulates weapon hits (not a missile template, though), so you can't control what gets destroyed except by plugging away and then tidying up the rest afterwards. Huh, I'm sure I've seen people mention a Repair Armour option, but it's not jumping out at me; just the Repair All button at the bottom of the screen.

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 09:56:35 AM »
1) No. Someone made a list: I think they were working on weapons pods or something, so try the BoSD subforum. (Oh: combat damage can apply to anything, yes. Maintenance failures only target a limited selection of systems - the thread I'm recalling mentioned making military ships with no added maintenance that were immune to failures due to not having any vulnerable components.)
2) Other than secondary explosions and needing twice the MSP to repair them? Not that I recall offhand.
3) Pretty sure a flag bridge is not a bridge - if it does count I would be surprised and disturbed. For the other, I can't recall anything definite either way.
4) There's an Apply Damage option somewhere - try DAC under Ships? *Checks* Bottom right corner of the Damage Control tab in Individual Unit Details window, next to the Abandon Ship button. It simulates weapon hits (not a missile template, though), so you can't control what gets destroyed except by plugging away and then tidying up the rest afterwards. Huh, I'm sure I've seen people mention a Repair Armour option, but it's not jumping out at me; just the Repair All button at the bottom of the screen.
Mind linking that thread? I'm curious.

Offline AL

• Captain
  • A
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 03:56:01 PM »
If your ship's bridge gets destroyed I think it increases the response time to new commands, similar to having a low task force training.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 04:00:03 PM »
If your ship's bridge gets destroyed I think it increases the response time to new commands, similar to having a low task force training.
Correct. That's why we have AUX. :D

Offline DIT_grue

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 10:48:10 PM »
Mind linking that thread? I'm curious.

Sorry, but I don't have any better idea of where it is - it's quite a vague recollection. I'd kind of like to read it again myself, maybe this time I'd remember to take notes.

Offline Mor (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 12:30:09 AM »
So, all internal components can be damaged. obviously I am left wondering what the effect of loosing each system will be.

* Crew compartments - can cause overcrowding\morale issue and might even result in a cascading effect leading to the loss of a crew.
* Magazines - secondary explosions
* Bridge - reduced reaction time?
* engines - unable to move?

Thanks. Quoting so I don't forget to check it out once I  am infront of the game and able to test it out.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 07:14:35 AM »
Don't forget;
Fuel tanks- lose current fuel in tank
Engineering- increases failure rate and repair time.
Weapons- lose that weapon.
Fire control- lose that fire control.
Shield- lose shield capability.
Power plant- lose power to weapons and chance of explosion.
Do I need to go on?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 07:47:52 AM by 83athom »
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.