Author Topic: Newbie question - Transporting troops  (Read 1182 times)

Offline Havan_IronOak (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Newbie question - Transporting troops
« on: February 11, 2016, 12:55:30 AM »
I've got a small old ship with Cryogenic Berths 1000. Can it be used to transport small deployments of troops?

I used it quite early on to plant a seed colony on Luna and to grow it really slowly in an effort to keep it growing at a manageable rate until a civilian ship would take over.

Now I'm wondering if it can send a small militia to Luna so that they'll feel some sense of protection until a proper PDC can be designed and built.

I sent the ship to earth and can't see any orders like "load troops." Am I missing something?
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
Re: Newbie question - Transporting troops
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 02:50:01 AM »
Nope, you need a ship with a troop transport module.

Offline Viridia

• Sub-Lieutenant
Re: Newbie question - Transporting troops
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 08:54:19 AM »
db48x has the right of it. Ground units are organised into two sizes; companies and battalions. Five companies to a battalion, five battalions to a brigade (four + HQ), four brigades to a division (including a HQ unit again). You can, I believe, mix and match troop storage, so you could fit two battalions and five companies into a ship or PDC with enough room for three battalions, and so on.