Author Topic: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 210301 times)

Offline plasticpanzers

• Lt. Commander
  • p
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #810 on: May 14, 2018, 02:37:54 AM »
built a fun game with SM but about 10 years in I had a system with two planets with the same number.   I changed one to an unused number and since then the planet is no longer accessible game wise but can be looked at but no landings, no destination listed for it.   Now I have been getting a cascade of errors 91,94,13,381.   Darnit I like this game but when it gets off on an angle I loose two real days of time having to rebuilt the game from scratch.  I wish there was some save that allowed me to go back before this but there is not which means the game if it continues to pile up multiples of the same error over and over will make it impossible to play.  I am really leery of having to put two more of my free days aside to redo it all over with a random new galaxy.   I wish there were some where to save files like ships and research so i would not have to do it over and over.  fun but overall really irritating.

You could just delete that system through SM?

tried that.  all warp points realigned and system colony was lost.   Having 94 and 381 errors in new game (1.5 real days to set up).   Seems to be from the Combat Assignment Overview (I think)

Offline leonidas1283

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • l
« Reply #811 on: May 15, 2018, 05:37:16 AM »
Help,
it says

Error in cboControlRace
Error 53 was generated by Aurora
File not found: 'Planetjpeg\ted.jpg'
Please report to http;//aurora2.  pentarch.  org/index.  php/board.  11.  0.  html

Then when i press ok it says,

Aurora
caution symbol      Run-time error '53';
       Here               File not found; 'Planetjpeg\ted.jpg'

Then i think it exits or it crashes!

which i am pls help i dont know what to do and yes i was trying to put pictures in. 

i also tried to reinstall but it was saved in the save i made
so it does the same
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 09:03:49 AM by leonidas1283 »

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #812 on: May 15, 2018, 12:45:42 PM »
Help,
it says

Error in cboControlRace
Error 53 was generated by Aurora
File not found: 'Planetjpeg\ted.jpg'
Please report to http;//aurora2.  pentarch.  org/index.  php/board.  11.  0.  html

Then when i press ok it says,

Aurora
caution symbol      Run-time error '53';
       Here               File not found; 'Planetjpeg\ted.jpg'

Then i think it exits or it crashes!

which i am pls help i dont know what to do and yes i was trying to put pictures in. 

i also tried to reinstall but it was saved in the save i made
so it does the same

The picture files follow a fairly strict naming pattern. If you look in the directory, you can see the naming pattern.

Offline obsidian_green

• Lieutenant
  • o
« Reply #813 on: May 16, 2018, 07:54:51 PM »
I have a colony that has no ordnance factories, but under the Industry tab in the Population and Production window, I have ordnance manufacturing capacity equal to that of Earth. Phantom ordnance factories ...

Offline Noriad

• Petty Officer
  • N
« Reply #814 on: May 17, 2018, 04:46:39 PM »
Downloaded the wrapper, v7. 10, started a conventional game.
Suddenly, starting in november 2036, my increment buttons became corrupted.
If I press "30 days" the game advances exactly 6 hours (21600 s)
If I press "5 days" the game advances exactly 2 hours (7200 s)
1 day becomes 30 mins
8 hours becomes 15 mins
3 hours becomes 5 mins
1 hour becomes 2 mins
20 mins becomes 1 min
5 mins becomes 15 secs
2 mins becomes 10 s
30 secs becomes 5 s
5 secs stays 5 s
These results are reliable; I tried many buttons many times.
If I set sub-pulse length to 1 day, most game advance buttons work correctly again, except that the 5 day and 30 day buttons
only advance 1 day.  If I set sub-pulse length back to automatic, the above corrupted state resurfaces (can't advance the game more than 6 hours per button click).

I reverted to a backup 2 game years earlier, played the game, but in november 2036 the same problem resurfaces. . .
Rebooting my computer did not help.
How do I fix this?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #815 on: May 17, 2018, 06:01:37 PM »
Downloaded the wrapper, v7. 10, started a conventional game.
Suddenly, starting in november 2036, my increment buttons became corrupted.
If I press "30 days" the game advances exactly 6 hours (21600 s)
If I press "5 days" the game advances exactly 2 hours (7200 s)
1 day becomes 30 mins
8 hours becomes 15 mins
3 hours becomes 5 mins
1 hour becomes 2 mins
20 mins becomes 1 min
5 mins becomes 15 secs
2 mins becomes 10 s
30 secs becomes 5 s
5 secs stays 5 s
These results are reliable; I tried many buttons many times.
If I set sub-pulse length to 1 day, most game advance buttons work correctly again, except that the 5 day and 30 day buttons
only advance 1 day.  If I set sub-pulse length back to automatic, the above corrupted state resurfaces (can't advance the game more than 6 hours per button click).

I reverted to a backup 2 game years earlier, played the game, but in november 2036 the same problem resurfaces. . .
Rebooting my computer did not help.
How do I fix this?

Chances are you have a couple of NPR doing something to each other. this is normal.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
« Reply #816 on: May 19, 2018, 05:56:18 AM »
I got a strange bug. Jumped into a system I was certain of enemy occupation, no one home, strange... Got a screen shot of empty system now, some 10-12 hours later a big fleet and population pops up, killing one of  my wormhole picket carriers...
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline cah7777

• Leading Rate
  • c
« Reply #817 on: May 19, 2018, 05:42:44 PM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=8144. msg105799#msg105799 date=1514487067
Quote from: sisso link=topic=8144. msg105797#msg105797 date=1514486110
My main campaign now (85 years) is stuck with "Error in MoveToClosestItem, Error 9, Script out of range".   I had already cancel everything (industry, normal and conditional orders) without success.   Using a previous backup and just passing days end in the same problem. 

Something like:

The best shot to solve is:

Is it possible to share the magical powers to look and change NPR fleet orders?

I've sent the password by private message.

I'm having this same problem.   Campaign is about 63 years old.   Same error happened a handful of times earlier in the game but quickly disappeared.   However, it has recently become constant (even 5 second advancements) and has greatly increased in the number of errors per advancement.

Offline plasticpanzers

• Lt. Commander
  • p
« Reply #818 on: May 20, 2018, 02:27:48 AM »
cleaned out Aurora and reinstalled using the combined download.   Am doing well but a PDC (missile base) of about 11,000 tons I
shipped and assembled on a colony world.  Did not show up as a PDC TF and only could be seen on the Ships screen.   I could load
missiles and assign a garrison but had tons of 5,94,381 and other errors.  Had to delete it off the Ship screen and the errors stopped.
Will try shipping another and see if it happens again.

Edit: Spoke too soon.   A bunch of new errors of various types.  As in a previous load of Aurora I had issues on the Combat Assignments
page.   The PDC missile base I could not get straightened out so deleted it from the Ships page but its still on the Combat Assignments page
which is generating all the errors.   I cannot find a way to delete it off the CA page.   Suggestions?

Edit to the Edit.   I abandoned the colony and tried to rebuild it using SM.   I replicated the colony without its PDC but still have a slew of
errors 91,94,381,13 for any time clicked and all the other moons, planets, and asteroids in Epsilon Eridani suddenly have even numbers
of stored minerals.... 800, 560, 640, 200, 900... doesn't matter the amount of minerals or the number of auto mines.  These were not their
before...there were different amounts as per normal mining prior to recreating the Ellison (for Harlan...figures) Colony.   Hope the errors
don't continue to increase as there goes another game then.

Edit to Edit to Edit:  Seems something is corrupted in Epsilon Eridani system.  Virtually all bugs are there.  I shipped and assembled a new
11,000 ton Sentinel PDC missile base but it does not show up on the TF screen like they do in Centauri and Sigma Draconis.   It does (again)
show up in the ships screen and I imagine I can (again) load missiles and troops to it but it will not exist otherwise.  I hate to delete the system
as its a crossroads for 5 other systems and is a prosperous colony.  If I do and the game collapses I am going to need an IV of asprin.

Tried deleting the system but when I use SM I see ALOT of warp points vanish.   I cannot connect systems together in SM.  I deleted the system
Epsilon Eridani as I believe it was a corrupted file in some manner.   I created a new system called Niven.   But Aurora still insists there is an Epsilon
Eridani that does not appear on the systems map and still there is a Niven that is.  I have been working hours to try and repair.   If I cannot I have
to delete Aurora again and start from scratch which I do not want to do all over and spend the next 2 days of real time rebuilding what i have been
trying to play for the last 2 days.

Yup....Epsilon Eridani is corrupted.   Cannot build new gates without it creating one to this system when it does not exist.   Will delete the game and
maybe reinstall.... I hate bugs.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 01:10:10 AM by plasticpanzers »

Offline Michael Sandy

• Commodore
  • M
« Reply #819 on: May 20, 2018, 06:05:39 PM »
I had an odd scenario where my meson fighters were able to use final fire PD mode, but my railgun fighters, which were otherwise identical, could not.

So I created a player race (pirates) just to test out my point defense, because I couldn't understand why my railguns weren't firing.

They still aren't firing, but now they are giving annoying error messages.

"ErrorInPointBlankPDFire"
"Error 3021 was generated by DAO.Field"
"No current record."

Interestingly, I actually had to set the relations to hostile to even DETECT the missile launch.  I started the experiments with decoy missiles with no warhead.  Not eager to start experiments with live ammo without understanding why the point blank mode isn't working.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 06:07:34 PM by Michael Sandy »

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #820 on: May 21, 2018, 05:52:57 AM »
When a ship is destroyed due to a "catastrophic maintenance failure" a message is given if the commander on that ship survived. But since I also had a team on that ship, I didn't receive any message, that that team had been killed also.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #821 on: May 21, 2018, 04:41:12 PM »
I had an odd scenario where my meson fighters were able to use final fire PD mode, but my railgun fighters, which were otherwise identical, could not.

So I created a player race (pirates) just to test out my point defense, because I couldn't understand why my railguns weren't firing.

They still aren't firing, but now they are giving annoying error messages.

"ErrorInPointBlankPDFire"
"Error 3021 was generated by DAO.Field"
"No current record."

Interestingly, I actually had to set the relations to hostile to even DETECT the missile launch.  I started the experiments with decoy missiles with no warhead.  Not eager to start experiments with live ammo without understanding why the point blank mode isn't working.

What was the range?  What sensor was detecting the missiles?  Were your fighters (or the missiles) in atmosphere or a nebula?  Can you post the two fighter designs, along with the missiles your pirates were using?  Were all the fighters in the same spot, in the same Task Group?  Could inexperienced fleet penalties have been involved?  Can you show us a screenshot of the Combat Assignments window?

Offline Michael Sandy

• Commodore
  • M
« Reply #822 on: May 21, 2018, 07:35:30 PM »
The problem was that my nearly identical meson fighters WERE able to do final fire point defense.  Mesons with 15,000 km range could do it, railguns with 10,000 km could not.

So the sensor wasn't the issue, because my meson fighters COULD do final fire point defense with the same sensor and fire control.

The meson and railgun fighters had been in the same group, but only the two types of meson fighters I had were able to fire.  And my later experiment had only the railgun fighter and it wasn't able to shoot missiles down.

Offline plasticpanzers

• Lt. Commander
  • p
« Reply #823 on: May 27, 2018, 11:50:35 PM »
Does the AI of our civilian freighters decide on a new colony?  twice so far in my game (which is awesome otherwise) I find
the independent freighters and colonists installing infrastructure and colonists on worlds that have only Automines on them.
I can't seem to clear their orders.   The only way I could stop is last time was to abandon the moon and remake it thru SM.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #824 on: May 28, 2018, 05:57:28 AM »
Does the AI of our civilian freighters decide on a new colony?  twice so far in my game (which is awesome otherwise) I find
the independent freighters and colonists installing infrastructure and colonists on worlds that have only Automines on them.
I can't seem to clear their orders.   The only way I could stop is last time was to abandon the moon and remake it thru SM.

In C#, civilians will only land colonists on a world with an existing population (actual people), so they won't colonise anything unless you put colonists there first.