Author Topic: Non-Sol Start  (Read 2130 times)

Offline Konisforce (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Non-Sol Start
« on: August 04, 2012, 02:10:59 PM »
I'm trying to figure out a non-sol start with a new race.   I've checked out the wiki page hxxp: aurorawiki. pentarch. org/index. php?title=Create_a_custom_race but I can't make a new system.

When I go to the system summary (CTRL+F9) I get three options across the bottom - Refresh, Matches, and Close.   
Come take a look at Victoria Regina, an old-timey AAR

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Non-Sol Start
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 02:35:14 PM »
I'm trying to figure out a non-sol start with a new race.   I've checked out the wiki page hxxp: aurorawiki. pentarch. org/index. php?title=Create_a_custom_race but I can't make a new system.

When I go to the system summary (CTRL+F9) I get three options across the bottom - Refresh, Matches, and Close.   

You want the F9 screen. Not Ctrl-F9. And make sure you have the SM Race selected. I believe that is Ctrl-F2.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 04:59:02 PM »
You want the F9 screen. Not Ctrl-F9. And make sure you have the SM Race selected. I believe that is Ctrl-F2.

Spacemaster mode is Ctrl-S

Steve

Offline o_O

• Petty Officer
  • o
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 05:10:21 PM »
Generate a new game, select create SM race, start the game, select spacemaster race, turn SM on, hit F9, generate systems until you find something habitable, drop an empire on the habitable planet.   

Offline Konisforce (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 10:51:44 AM »
Thanks all!  My empire of Space Vikings is off to a roaring start.

I didn't think of the fact that I was starting Space Vikings on a planet with an average temperate of 30 celcius, but next time.   Next time.

Offline Crustypeanut

• Petty Officer
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of !!MEDICINE!!
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 12:20:03 AM »

I didn't think of the fact that I was starting Space Vikings on a planet with an average temperate of 30 celcius, but next time.   Next time.

I hope you use boarders often if you're playing the space vikings.  :D   

Offline Theodidactus

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 02:43:49 PM »

Average temp. Obviously there are freezing continents full of Fjords and ruined stone circles at both poles. This is where the vikings live.
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline Konisforce (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 03:06:59 PM »
Quote from: Theodidactus link=topic=5159. msg52906#msg52906 date=1344455029

Average temp.  Obviously there are freezing continents full of Fjords and ruined stone circles at both poles.  This is where the vikings live. 

Naturally! 

Actually, I did a restart after having read a bit more on the forums, and this time I got (w/in 5 system creations) a 90% water planet with an average . 4 degrees C.   Truly Space Vikingesque.