New Players > The Academy

A Conclusive Tech Tree (Ongoing)

(1/7) > >>

Turmoil:
So I have been playing Aurora for about a year, and got frustrated with the fact that there were no tech trees other than the outdated wiki.   So I got access to the database and started building one on my own.   One problem though: It's massive.   I split it into several smaller trees, and am working on each tech category one at a time.   I am including the first few (3) that are 100% complete, and I will put up the rest as I finish them.   They are flowcharts in PDF pages, so the quality of the image will be pretty low, but decent enough to read.   I have included all technologies, including those which are already researched at the beginning of the game (such as the base genetics in the biology tree).   Each tech comes with the cost in parenthesis, example: Capacitor Recharge Rate 1 (1000) <-- the cost is 1000 RP.   If anyone wants an altered version of the trees, for example one with all pre-researched techs removed (I know somebody will recommend this), let me know.   If an idea has enough support, I will do it.   I would prefer not to have too many changes, because this is hard work.   The info comes *directly* from the database, with all cross-references taken into consideration, so please bear with me.   I have been at this for 3 months and only have 3 out of 9 (I think) complete.   I have uni to worry about as well, so work is painfully slow.  

Finally, I hope you all appreciate this, and feel free to transcribe it to the wiki or do whatever, as long as you attribute.   Of course, Steve has the final word considering I am using his database for the source, but so far he is fine with these being released.  

Update for v6.2 - I have the first two categories done, and a new format based on feedback from the community. I've taken down the old versions since they are now outdated and I don't want to confuse people. The new version is basically the same thing, just with a new color code, and better organization. I intend to have the next two up in a few days, but as many of you probably guessed, my schedule isn't too reliable. Without further raving on my part, here are the Power & Propulsion and the Sensors & Fire Control trees for v6.2

Added energy weapons. Chances are most of you will be reading this a few hours from now, so welcome to 2013!  ;D

Victuz:
God Bless you.
For a person like me who literally just started playing the game and has no real idea what a lot of the techs do this is fantastic!

Zook:
Great job! I've spent some hours on the wiki a few weeks ago, but I didn't update the tech tree info; actually, I wasn't aware that it's outdated. I'll post it on the wiki later.

One small thing: could you mark the tech for a default TN start? Perhaps just a different color for the text boxes.

Turmoil:
I actually was thinking of a way to mark which techs each start gets, like a green for all techs given to pre-newtonian and a red for anything additional to that in a TN start. . .  Or something like that.

And to the new guy: that is precisely why I did this, because when I started, there was no way to tell what each tech did and how they interacted.  For example, in the Propulsion section, power plants and engine techs cross-react.  I didn't know that.  And I still don't remember the tech prereqs for advanced sensors, but the tech tree for that branch answers that question.

Steve Walmsley:
I've stickied the thread.

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version