Author Topic: Question about the civilians  (Read 1164 times)

Offline GetStqned (OP)

• Petty Officer
Question about the civilians
« on: October 09, 2016, 02:33:06 AM »
I have colonies on other systems, but civilians still has overexploiting my homesystem and just continues to expand their civil mining colonies, how can I encourage them to go on other systems? and exploit them? for even I discovered homeword of NPR, it quickly became friendly and gave me a trade access, I did the same but civilians simply load and unload on my colonies (in the homesystem ) how to tell them they should trade with them? PS: The aliens have completely massacred their ships by another NPR, it has to do? there remains only the population.
"An army of lions led by a deer and less formidable than an army of deer led by a lion"

Offline DIT_grue

• Lieutenant
  • D
Re: Question about the civilians
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 04:37:55 AM »
I have colonies on other systems, but civilians still has overexploiting my homesystem and just continues to expand their civil mining colonies, how can I encourage them to go on other systems?

The wiki article on CMCs (which is mostly based on Steve's post here) goes into more detail, but basically all you can do is make sure those colonies have a population of at least 10 million. But a new CMC is still a lot more likely to be created in your most heavily populated system rather than any other.

Offline GetStqned (OP)

• Petty Officer
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 07:06:05 AM »
thx and for the trade access ? The NPR homeworld is just a 1 jump, so distance is not really the problem ...
"An army of lions led by a deer and less formidable than an army of deer led by a lion"

Offline bitbucket

• Chief Petty Officer
  • b
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 09:10:21 AM »
It's been my experience across several campaigns that civilians won't start building mining colonies in other solar systems until you have a colony with a population of at least 50 million in that system.

In my latest game I have maybe a dozen systems with total populations over 50m across multiple planets, but CMCs have only appeared in systems where a single colony has 50m+.