Author Topic: Aurora C# Screenshots  (Read 146018 times)

Offline AL

• Captain
  • A
Re: Aurora C# Screenshots
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2016, 07:20:41 PM »
I don't think I really like the change to only being able to see either the current ship components or all racial components, instead of both at once. I guess with the expanded class summary being shown it might not be as important, but I think I do refer a lot to the numbers of the various components already on a design when I'm making new ships, so I'm envisioning a lot of clicking back and forth with the new system for me.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2016, 08:38:59 PM »
Does this change also mean that when I Alt+Tab, I no longer have to cycle over each open Aurora window separately but that Windows will finally see it as one application?

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2016, 12:23:36 AM »
I don't think I really like the change to only being able to see either the current ship components or all racial components, instead of both at once. I guess with the expanded class summary being shown it might not be as important, but I think I do refer a lot to the numbers of the various components already on a design when I'm making new ships, so I'm envisioning a lot of clicking back and forth with the new system for me.
It should really be fine as the class summery is right there.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline AL

• Captain
  • A
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2016, 05:12:52 AM »
Some components aren't actually explicitly listed on the summary though, in particular magazines. While the total magazine capacity appears, the individual breakdown doesn't. My missile ships inevitably end up with various mixtures of magazine types as I tweak things about. Magazines with high armour and low capacity, the converse, and occasionally even some in between get mixed together. Especially near the end of a design phase when I'm trying to make everything fit in a set tonnage, I need to alternate between adding and removing components a lot to see what can afford to be removed and what I can fit in with the saved space.
Anyway, this is probably all sounding somewhat contrived; I'll get used to it eventually and will keep quiet on this now.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2016, 07:01:36 AM »
Some components aren't actually explicitly listed on the summary though, in particular magazines. While the total magazine capacity appears, the individual breakdown doesn't. My missile ships inevitably end up with various mixtures of magazine types as I tweak things about. Magazines with high armour and low capacity, the converse, and occasionally even some in between get mixed together. Especially near the end of a design phase when I'm trying to make everything fit in a set tonnage, I need to alternate between adding and removing components a lot to see what can afford to be removed and what I can fit in with the saved space.
Anyway, this is probably all sounding somewhat contrived; I'll get used to it eventually and will keep quiet on this now.

I'll add a hot key so you can easily switch.

The following users thanked this post: AL, Shiwanabe

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2016, 07:03:27 AM »
Does this change also mean that when I Alt+Tab, I no longer have to cycle over each open Aurora window separately but that Windows will finally see it as one application?

I've just opened the application and two class windows to try it. They each still seem to be separate windows.

Offline chrislocke2000

• Captain
  • c
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2016, 04:52:54 PM »
Looks very good to me although would agree with other that the white text and blue background might be quite hard on the eyes after a while.

Grouping by type of ship is really handy. Assume we will be able to add in our own type outside of the usual cruiser, destroyer etc that you have as the base. Would also be great to be able to delete Types we are no longer using so the list does not get too complex as it currently does once you have played a few different games.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2016, 04:57:59 PM »
Will it be possible to import DBs from 7.1?

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2016, 06:19:54 PM »
Looks very good to me although would agree with other that the white text and blue background might be quite hard on the eyes after a while.

Grouping by type of ship is really handy. Assume we will be able to add in our own type outside of the usual cruiser, destroyer etc that you have as the base. Would also be great to be able to delete Types we are no longer using so the list does not get too complex as it currently does once you have played a few different games.

Yes, you can add your own hull types. Only hull types for which you currently have ships are shown, so it shouldn't get overcrowded.

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2016, 06:20:27 PM »
Will it be possible to import DBs from 7.1?

No, because the C# version is based on the unreleased v7.2,

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2016, 06:21:51 PM »

Text is more of a pale yellow than white :)

I don't think it would be too difficult to add the option to change to different colour schemes. I will play around with that at some point.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2016, 08:06:44 PM »

We won't be able to delete types, because the NPRs are using those designations as well, but hopefully we will be able to hide types we are not now using (and do not ever intend to use).

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2016, 08:16:44 PM »
Text is more of a pale yellow than white :)

I don't think it would be too difficult to add the option to change to different colour schemes. I will play around with that at some point.
Try light/sky blue text on a Black(ish) translucent  background.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2016, 04:16:58 AM »
No, because the C# version is based on the unreleased v7.2,
Well, technically it surely is possible. Just need some translation tables for export and reimport. Is it intentional that you chose to not use such functionality? Would be nice at least to have some Import/Export Options (for example Medals) so you don't need to generate them in every single game again and again.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2016, 08:25:35 AM »
Well, technically it surely is possible. Just need some translation tables for export and reimport. Is it intentional that you chose to not use such functionality? Would be nice at least to have some Import/Export Options (for example Medals) so you don't need to generate them in every single game again and again.

I think it is mainly because the database changes happen as Steve needs them to, so he converts on the fly.

There was a utility for SFA that did what you ask, I don't know if it ever got ported over to Aurora or not.