Author Topic: Espionage  (Read 1207 times)

Offline Hyfrydle (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • H
Espionage
« on: June 15, 2010, 02:34:49 AM »
Just a quick one is espionage implemented in the current version and if so how does it work? I found my first ruin last night and put together a team of Xenologists is that the correct thing to do? How long before they discover installations?

Hope someone can help with this.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Espionage
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 04:47:50 AM »
Quote from: "Hyfrydle"
Just a quick one is espionage implemented in the current version and if so how does it work? I found my first ruin last night and put together a team of Xenologists is that the correct thing to do? How long before they discover installations?

Hope someone can help with this.
The Xeno team is used to deceipher the alien language. Once that is achieved you will get a message and find out how many installations are on the planet. Then you need engineers to recover them.

Espionage requires you have a population on the same planet as the target of the espionage. Then use the Teams tab of the F2 window to set the target population for the team.

Steve

Offline UnLimiTeD

• Vice Admiral
  • U
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 04:54:59 AM »
Espionage is used to find out things and steal tech from other races/nations/whatever.
Xenology is the skill required to excavate ruins.
When you put a team on the orbital body in question, it will start working.
After some time, which might or might not take several months, they will tell you about their findings, aka, how many installations are recoverable.
Then you have to send Engineer Brigades to the Planet, preferably lead by Officers with a Xenology Bonus, and they will start recovering those installations.
Most successfully recovered Installations have a small chance to yield a tech.

Offline Hyfrydle (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • H
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 05:01:38 AM »
Thanks for your help guys now I just need to design and build a troop transport in readiness.

Also Steve congrats on the game everytime I play it gets better and better I love not knowing what to expect in each new system I explore this is something that's missing from all the over space based 4X games. One thing that annoys me though is the time taken to build up a fleet of ships but I guess it's realisic.