Author Topic: Blank Troops in Limbo  (Read 1424 times)

Offline Outrojection (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • O
Blank Troops in Limbo
« on: November 25, 2011, 05:18:47 PM »
So I accidentally created some of those blank "23rd/24th Type Abbrev" ground units from when I had no ground unit tech researched.
Is there any way to delete them from existence?

Originally they showed up on the leadership vacancies list, and I could load them onto transport ships.
I tried loading them onto a transport and deleted the transport in transit, hoping it would delete the troops as well.

But now they still exist, and still show up on vacancies, they just have a blank location.

Offline blue emu

• Commander
  • b
Re: Blank Troops in Limbo
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 05:53:59 PM »
Can you SM-move them to a planet, load them onto a slow transport, and drop it into a Black Hole?

Offline Outrojection (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • O
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 06:03:48 PM »
I don't know how to do anything with ground troops through SM.

Offline blue emu

• Commander
  • b
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 06:09:31 PM »
They might have to show up in a planet's Ground Troops list in order for you to SM-move them. I don't think that functionality can be accessed from the command vacancies list.

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 11:21:44 PM »
At this point you're probably screwed.... Deleting the colony might have worked but unless somsone actually fiddles the database... I don't think there's anyway to get troops back from limbo.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 02:00:23 PM »
When troops end up in limbo they normally still exist.  What has worked for me in the past was to be in sm mode, select an existing colony and go to the troop tab.  On the top left of the tab there is a pulldown menu for what to select.  Select your entire empire.  You should then see the missing troops.  You will need to select each unit individually and then go to the pulldown menu in the bottom right (transfer to pdc or population)  You should be able to select the colony you are on and transfer them.  Presto they are there.  I have never done this using the include subortinate formations button checked so I don't know if that works for this, it should, just haven't done it.

Good Luck
Brian