Author Topic: Cant Load Infrastructure on Earth  (Read 1625 times)

Offline deMangler (OP)

• Leading Rate
Cant Load Infrastructure on Earth
« on: December 29, 2011, 02:29:18 AM »
Hi all,
I hate asking noob questions that have probably been answered a million times, but i am a noob, and I have done the tutorial and learned a lot of other stuff while playing the game and trawling the forum for an answer to this, so the time to ask has come.   

v 5.   60.   
I am trying to ship Infrastrucuture from Earth.    I have 618 Infrastructure available for export according to the wealth/trade screen.   
I have a cargo group of freighters - example design here:

Code: [Select]
Norbert class Freighter    33,850 tons     218 Crew     304 BP      TCS 677  TH 375  EM 0
553 km/s     Armour 1-93     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
MSP 6    Max Repair 16 MSP
Cargo 25000    Cargo Handling Multiplier 10    

Nuclear Thermal Engine E1 (6)    Power 62.5    Fuel Use 10%    Signature 62.5    Armour 0    Exp 1%
Fuel Capacity 50,000 Litres    Range 26.5 billion km   (555 days at full power)

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes

I am trying to assign the task - load infrastructure in the Task Group Orders - on Earth, with the cargo task group, the option to load infrastructure is not in the Actions Available list.    The options to load lots of other stuff is, but not infrastructure.   

In my searching the post that most closely seems to approximate my problem, seemed to be this one: hxxp: aurora2.   pentarch.   org/index.   php/topic,4474.   0.   html  (spam prevention seems to be working.   .   .     :)  )
.   .   but I seem to be suffering from a slightly different form of ignorance.   
I have also tried comparing to 'The Space Race' - where it is possible to load infrastructure from Roanoke, for example, but I am not experienced enough to be able to see why it is possible there but not in my game. 

Any help appreciated in advance.   

Loving the game BTW
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 03:26:06 AM by deMangler »

Offline Corik

• Chief Petty Officer
  • C
Re: Cant Load Infrastructure on Earth
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 02:57:55 AM »
You need to build the infraestructures yourself.  You can't load "civil infraestructure" which is what you are trying to do.  That's the infraestructure Civilian Lines can use to trade between your worlds.

For example, when colonizing mars, you can build 100 infraestructure and load it to your freighters and unload it in Mars, then forget about that, because civil lines (if they have freighters, of course) will trade civilian infraestructure from Earth to Mars when needed (like any other trade good).  But when you want to do it yourself, the infraestructure must be yours (Build it like any other building, you will see it easy)

Offline deMangler (OP)

• Leading Rate
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 03:05:54 AM »
Aha!,
I didn't know there was such a distinction.
I have been building it, but it has not completed yet. 
I just need to wait then. 
Thanks for the quick reply - I can now continue to cower behind my pickets while the Alien scum in Wolf 359 make unrealistic TV Drama programs about how the Humans are going to invade and wipe them out.

:)

dM

Offline Mormota

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • M
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 12:38:20 PM »
Your industry builds infra e structure point by point, and a single point is completed pretty quickly. You can check your available infra e structure at the F2 window's summary tab.

Offline deMangler (OP)

• Leading Rate
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 08:56:52 PM »
Quote from: Mormota link=topic=4492. msg44965#msg44965 date=1325183900
. . . You can check your available infra e structure at the F2 window's summary tab.
Thanks, I was wondering about that.  There is a method to the UI - it makes its own kind of sense.  I am slowly getting a feel for it.  Tip of the iceberg.
:)

dM