Author Topic: SP needed?  (Read 2417 times)

Offline stoker (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • s
SP needed?
« on: April 09, 2013, 07:25:37 PM »
Hi, me again  :P.

I was following the tutorial, had a geo survey ship set up, and gave it the first default order, to scan next five system bodies.  I then gave it the order to scan Mars and added the move.  I then moved on time, with auto-turns on, at 1 day increments.  It moved on 5 days as it should, and the message about idle research facilities on Earth was displayed! My ship, in the Survey task group moved to Mars, (fuel still at 100% though?  ???) The event shown over Mars now says "Survey Task Group (SP needed: 158. 5078) 2000km/s".  The tutorial said nothing about this, and said it should survey Mars, and then move on the the bodies around Mars? Any help appreciated  :) Thanks.  Oh and the ship details:
Magellan class Geological Survey Vessel    2500 tons     42 Crew     354. 5 BP      TCS 50  TH 100  EM 0
2000 km/s     Armour 1-16     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/2     Damage Control 1     PPV 0
Maintenance Capacity 89 MSP
Spare Berths 0   

Prototype Atomic Rocket (1)    Power 100    Fuel Use 13. 26%    Armour 0    Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 300,000 Litres    Range 162. 9 billion km   (942 days at full power)

Geological Survey Sensors (2)   2 Survey Points

This ship is classed as a commercial vessel for maintenance purposes

Regards Stoker.

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
Re: SP needed?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 07:29:31 PM »
That's just telling you how many survey points remain that are needed until the survey is complete.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline oldark

• Petty Officer
  • o
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 07:31:19 PM »
Geological Survey Sensors (2)   2 Survey Points     

This line shows that you get 2 survey points (per hour I think, not sure if the time is correct though). That number will subtract from the SP needed until it reaches 0, then the survey is finished.

Offline stoker (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • s
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 07:21:09 AM »
Oh, that was stupid of me, i think its because i didnt know what SP meant :P haha.  Thanks for the replies everyone, really getting into the game now, its great!

Regards Stoker.