Author Topic: Diaspora Campaign  (Read 22938 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Diaspora Campaign
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2010, 09:45:55 AM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"
Two comments:

1)  As was already observed, it should stop for any player race, not just the default.

2)  You should have some sort of progress indicator (maybe by updating the "current date/time" in the window) so people know that time is progressing, how fast it's progressing, and when they can expect it to "come up for air".  Otherwise we won't be able to tell if it's hung or not.

3)  There should be some way of interruptting, (similar to turning off automated turns now) that allows the player to tell Aurora to stop at the next convenient spot.

John

PS - Ok, so I can't count :-)
v4.9 contains the new code for interrupts so there should be far fewer. Interrupts will only occur if a player race (defined as non-NPR rather than Player Race gov type) is either the subject of the event or the detected race in a detection event. Nothing yet on the progress indicator but I will get back to that.

Ctrl-F8 on the System Map should interrupt automated turns in v4.9

Steve

Offline ShadoCat

• Commander
    • http://www.assistsolar.com
Re: Diaspora Campaign
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2010, 04:30:37 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
v4.9 contains the new code for interrupts so there should be far fewer. Interrupts will only occur if a player race (defined as non-NPR rather than Player Race gov type) is either the subject of the event or the detected race in a detection event. Nothing yet on the progress indicator but I will get back to that.

Ctrl-F8 on the System Map should interrupt automated turns in v4.9

Coolness.

I just started a new test campaign.  Maybe I'll finish OOBing my starting ships and run a turn this time before rebooting.  :)