Author Topic: Military fleet maintenance  (Read 1557 times)

Offline roug (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • r
Military fleet maintenance
« on: May 24, 2020, 03:39:12 PM »
Hi.

Just a quick question, i have a military fleet on Earth, they are just hanging there, no training ect but i still get maintenance failure, so i need to fill them up with supplies when they have little left.

Why is this happening?

Offline spartacus

• Petty Officer
  • s
Re: Military fleet maintenance
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 03:42:56 PM »
Most likely is not enough maintenance available.

Look on the Summary screen for your planet and in the middle column near the top there are 2 entries one is maintenance facilities capacity and the other is shipping tonnage maintained.
If the shipping tonnage maintained is larger, then the maintenance clocks on the fleet will keep running.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 03:45:56 PM by spartacus »

Offline consiefe

• Lieutenant
  • c
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 05:05:04 PM »
Fleets sitting idle still need to be maintained and use MSP equal to their BP/4 yearly. You have to have enough maintenance facilities at the place for your fleet's tonnage as well.

Offline spartacus

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 05:47:30 PM »
Fleets sitting idle still need to be maintained and use MSP equal to their BP/4 yearly. You have to have enough maintenance facilities at the place for your fleet's tonnage as well.

This is correct, however it is also under the hood, so to speak.  The game does all the maintenance automatically and without your notice as long as the available maintenance on the planet is larger than the tonnage you are maintaining.  The fleet in orbit in this situation will have the maintenance clock frozen at whatever it was when they went into orbit or 0 if you have them overhaul and the MSP will remain at 100% after you resupply without any action necessary on your part, nor will there be any further breakdowns.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 05:49:17 PM by spartacus »

Offline roug (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • r
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 03:50:18 AM »
Ouh! So if the tonnage of my fleet is higer than the shipping tonnage maintenance of the planet. it will use the ships mtp? How do i raise the tonnage?

Offline UberWaffe

• Chief Petty Officer
  • U
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 04:42:02 AM »
Ouh! So if the tonnage of my fleet is higer than the shipping tonnage maintenance of the planet. it will use the ships mtp? How do i raise the tonnage?
Build more maintenance facilities.
Make sure you have the workers and MSP for them (more maintenance facilities will also produce more MSP per year).
There is also research for increasing how much tonnage one maintenance facility can support.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 04:43:52 AM »
Dont forget that you need minerals to produce MSP. Duranium 0.1, Uridium 0.05, Gallicite 0.1 per MSP is needed.

Offline spartacus

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2020, 09:09:31 AM »
Another trick I used in that situation that doesn't stop the problem but at least makes it a little more manageable until you expand your maintenance base enough is to split your fleet and send enough of it to a convenient moon or way-point.  The clock keeps running on the segment you detached however it will stop for the supportable segment you left home. 

I used a rotation scheme and overhauls to keep the clock within reasonable limits for all my ships.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2020, 11:43:53 PM »
That's not really necessary Spartacus as even partial capability will slow down the clock. So while some of your ships gain usual maint clock while others are frozen, you could alternatively have all them clock slowly. This is change was introduced in C#, it's not a complete cut-off anymore.