Author Topic: friendly aliens  (Read 1556 times)

Offline Seolferwulf (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • S
friendly aliens
« on: October 25, 2017, 11:11:24 AM »
I've got aliens as neighbors right next to Sol.
Political relations are friendly with trade and geo. data sharing.
They seem perfectly content with staying on their home world, since they don't have any ships or anything else beyond, so I guess they're non-TN.

Two questions:
 1) Will they start building ships if I share tech data?
 2) Since I'm friendly with them, will they get peeved if I start colonizing and mining their system?

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: friendly aliens
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 12:26:46 AM »
Non-TN aliens will never progress to TN level regardless of what you do and depending on whether they cannot detect your ships or sensors, they will not get stressed out.

The following users thanked this post: Seolferwulf

Offline obsidian_green

• Lieutenant
  • o
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 03:53:05 PM »
I have close neighbors who definitely are trans-Newtonian and have a huge fleet. They love my civilization. How much can I get away with? I've been leaving their home system alone, but can I start colonizing and would they really mind me plopping espionage teams on their dirt?

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 04:50:07 PM »
I have close neighbors who definitely are trans-Newtonian and have a huge fleet. They love my civilization. How much can I get away with? I've been leaving their home system alone, but can I start colonizing and would they really mind me plopping espionage teams on their dirt?
Universal answer: Store your save file, try it and get back to us with the story how it went :D

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 07:39:50 PM »
The more active contacts you have in their colonized systems and the longer they stay, the worse they will think of you. I believe Wiki has the formula if you want to crunch some numbers. As long as they cannot spot you, all is good. I don't actually know whether an espionage team, when caught, causes much of relations hit. I've never tried it.

The following users thanked this post: obsidian_green

Offline obsidian_green

• Lieutenant
  • o
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 11:32:05 PM »
The more active contacts you have in their colonized systems and the longer they stay, the worse they will think of you. I believe Wiki has the formula if you want to crunch some numbers. As long as they cannot spot you, all is good. I don't actually know whether an espionage team, when caught, causes much of relations hit. I've never tried it.

I'll probably leave them be regardless. My civilization won't conquer without cause and those guys don't act like they need to be liberated. They've given me every agreement they can; do they start rescinding those agreements if they become unhappy? Or would it be sudden war after apparent patience? I'm not experimenting---auto-turns take too long to try anything for curiosity's sake.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 07:17:28 PM »
Yeah you will know that they are getting angry when those treaties go up in smokes.