Author Topic: Star Map of the Solar Union and Colonial Territories  (Read 6987 times)

Offline DatAlien (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • D
Star Map of the Solar Union and Colonial Territories
« on: January 11, 2011, 05:59:53 AM »
18th August 2086
Known Systems: 108
Surveyed Systems: 46
Inhabitated Planets: 5, Earth (Sol), Mars (Sol), Newton (Lalande 21185), Plank (Lalande 21185), Heisenberg (Wolf 359)
Per se ad astra

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
Re: Star Map of the Solar Union and Colonial Territories
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 09:51:12 AM »
Wow, do you equip most of your ships with jump drive? I tend to only explore as fast as I can build gates.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 10:55:11 AM »
Wow, do you equip most of your ships with jump drive? I tend to only explore as fast as I can build gates.
I don't know about the op here, but most of my survey work is definitly done by jump drive equipped squadrons.  Lately it has been a larger jump ship with a extra fuel, a flag bridge and the best possilble commercial sensors backed up by several smaller ships that do the actual survey work for a system.  I like to have at least a two system deep area around my inhabited systems that has been surveyed. This way if something pokes its head in I have a chance to see them and prepare.

My colonies do tend to be linked by Jump Gates, just not my surveyed region.

Brian

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 11:00:29 AM »
Well, I tend to have a few Gate builders busy at all time. Getting gates to my colony is priority number one, but once it's done they just keep on building.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 01:43:08 PM »
The difference here is that I don't want gates to everywhere.  They make it much easier for an enemy to chase me from my systems.  I will often build a gate outgoing from a colony in the colony system but not build a gate on the other side.  This will give me some tactical flexability if I need it for an assault without broadcasting to everyone that there is something juicy on the other side of the jump point.  It is mostly a matter if preference however and you can do whatever you want.  Let me know if somebody ever chases you out of a system and uses your own gates against you.

Brian

Offline DatAlien (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • D
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 11:19:39 PM »
Almost all Survey Ships are equipped with jump drives
Per se ad astra

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 12:32:26 PM »
18th August 2086
Known Systems: 108
Surveyed Systems: 46
Inhabitated Planets: 5, Earth (Sol), Mars (Sol), Newton (Lalande 21185), Plank (Lalande 21185), Heisenberg (Wolf 359)

Hi everyone.
:)

Nice work guys.