Author Topic: I'll figure this warship thing out eventually, darnit  (Read 2281 times)

Offline doulos05 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
I'll figure this warship thing out eventually, darnit
« on: October 22, 2015, 03:18:39 AM »
Built a sentry ship.  Super low tech just to represent the first asteroid defense ships.  I meant to mount an AMM launcher on it.   But forgot a magazine.  Make Block II, only to find out I also forgot to mount the launcher.  Apparently I'm not so good at this whole ship design thing. . . 

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
Re: I'll figure this warship thing out eventually, darnit
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 04:36:33 AM »
Who appointed you Admiral??
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline AL

• Captain
  • A
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 04:49:31 AM »
And yet, the ship design is one of the main reasons I love Aurora so much. Yes, it can get frustrating at times but once you get the hang of things it is just so liberating compared to what most other games offer. Keep at it and you'll be an expert in no time.

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 05:24:36 AM »
i have been playing for some time now, and occasionally forget things like magazines too.  Just stuff the head engineeer out an air lock, and hire a new one.  ;D

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 08:34:21 AM »
Don't worry. Eventually you'll get into a habit of checking every single subsystem for any inefficiencies. Anyway, there was a joke on the Jokes topic that pretty much everyone made.

The mistake I made 2 years ago will haunt me forever.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 02:02:15 PM »
I keep forgetting about the prototype systems I create with spacemaster when I make a ship design, a few times I've refit a shipyard to the unmodified version, thigh it can be fixed easily enough with spacemaster mode, there was a few times when I wondered why the ship taking so long to buikd( I created the production engines in planetary factories, of course the ship didn't use them) or I couldn't create multiple classes from the yard as I had hoped (half the designs used either engine).
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 09:42:41 PM »
Built a sentry ship.  Super low tech just to represent the first asteroid defense ships.  I meant to mount an AMM launcher on it.   But forgot a magazine.  Make Block II, only to find out I also forgot to mount the launcher.  Apparently I'm not so good at this whole ship design thing. . .

I built JP defence bases with box launchers for that one big saturation strike.

Except each base only had 2 instead of the 20 it was supposed to have. I built seven of them before I noticed.

But that's not all, I forgot to set the default missile load and thus ended up tugging them to station with no missiles on board.

Offline linkxsc

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 01:27:45 AM »
Aah the learning curve.

To be brutally honest, its almost the best part about these kinds of games. Messing up by the numbers, then laughing it off a few months later when youve finally mastered.

Still have derp moments though. Derp moments are the things great stories are made from... like boatsmurdered. That was a lot of derp moments.

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2015, 03:52:38 PM »

Ahhh to be Aurora newb again ;D
You are in for one hell of a ride bro ;)
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2015, 05:57:31 PM »
Well at least your magazine ship design is completed!
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "

Offline linkxsc

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2015, 11:32:16 PM »
Just made a quick, tosstogether carrier. forgot magazines and extra crew quarters

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2015, 11:33:53 PM »
I was cursing for 15 minutes trying to work out why my new magazine ship wasn't buildable using my freighter yard....
The derp should be obvious.