Author Topic: Custom Default Start  (Read 1734 times)

Offline Gilferedir (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
Custom Default Start
« on: August 05, 2011, 09:39:16 PM »
I was just wondering if there was a way to set some kind of customized default start for things like tech and more importantly ship designs?  I've been starting new games quite a bit since I started playing for various reasons, and having to set up all the same stuff over and over again is becoming tedious.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Custom Default Start
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 10:19:16 PM »
Could check the assign RP and design tech/ships on the game creation screen.

Offline Jacob/Lee

• Lt. Commander
  • (Where I got this .gif beats me!)
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 11:45:04 PM »
That button also buries you in various class designs, IIRC it also gives you jump ships and jump classes even if all JPs have wormholes.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 07:25:50 AM »
Hm, you could start a game to your liking and then, after initializing the game, just make a backup of the database. So you can restart your game from point Zero whenever you feel the need to do a restart by simply overwriting your current database with the backup
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Gilferedir (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 02:50:09 PM »
Hm, you could start a game to your liking and then, after initializing the game, just make a backup of the database. So you can restart your game from point Zero whenever you feel the need to do a restart by simply overwriting your current database with the backup

I thought about that, but if you happen to get a really bad start, as far as officers and resources.  You'd be stuck with a crappy start every time.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 04:08:16 PM »
For something like this you can use the sm functions.  In the officer screen there is an option (bottom left) to replace all of your officers.  You tell it how many years of producing officers and promoting them you want and it will do so based on the number of acadamies you have.  On the planetary information screen (F9) you can edit the mineral wealth (specify minerals) if you are particularily low in some mineral.  Use these tools to get an acceptable start and then save it to a backup location.  I usually rename the file at this point so I don't copy over it by mistake. 

Brian

Offline Gilferedir (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 04:42:54 PM »
That's cool, I'm guessing that's how you would set up a very custom scenario also?  That could actually be pretty fun.  Thank for all the input and help.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 04:49:54 PM »
That's cool, I'm guessing that's how you would set up a very custom scenario also?  That could actually be pretty fun.  Thank for all the input and help.
If you want a really custom setup you can set the chance of nprs to zero.  Use the random setup instead of the sol system start (top center of the screen).  Then pick sm race as the current race turn on sm functions and open  (F9) use the create system or create nebula buttons until you get a system you want to use as your starting system.  As you do this take notes of other systems that could have a npr based in them (use the system name).  Go to the jump point tab and select your outgoing jump points.  You may need to click on the button for break jump point links, but after that you can select the jump point you want each one to conect to.  Go to the systems you want to create an npr in and create empire near the top is a toggle for creating the npr.  You will be able to set the size population and other stuff like it was a regular empire, but once created you will have no control over it.  This way you can set up multiple nprs with different levels of population/technology and put them a few jumps from your home system.  Talk about a custom setup.

Brian