Author Topic: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread  (Read 38412 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
v1.9.5 Bugs Thread
« on: May 06, 2020, 08:32:20 AM »
Please post potential bugs in this thread for v1.9.5. The Bug Moderators (Bughunter, Garfunkel, Nori and SpaceMarine) will post bugs into the Confirmed Thread as appropriate. They may ask for more information or clarifications in order to do so, so please help them if you can. They will also point out if something is working as intended or likely due to another issue such as decimal separators

Please check the Known Issues post before posting so see if the problem has already been identified or is working as intended.
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10637.0

'Me too' posts for unresolved bugs are fine as it shows they are affecting more than one person. Any extra information you can provide in 'me too' posts is very welcome.

Please do not post bugs from previous versions unless you confirm they are still present in v1.9.5

When you post, please post as much information as possible, including:
The function number
The complete error text
The window affected
What you were doing at the time
Conventional or TN start
Random or Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma?
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well

The following users thanked this post: hadi, SpikeTheHobbitMage

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
Re: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 10:37:56 AM »
The Research tab does not remember my selection of "Sort by Labs" or "Sort by Date" after I close the Econ window.
The Shipyard Tasks tab does not remember my selection of "Sort by Size" or "Sort by Date" after I close the Econ window.

I would think the intent is for those selections to be sticky, at least for the current game session.

Not a bug
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 02:28:45 PM by Bughunter »

Offline Blothorn

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • B
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 11:53:50 AM »
I'm getting a divide-by-zero error during an invasion, and ground combat doesn't seem to be progressing.

The function number: #1821
The complete error text: Attempted to divide by zero
The window affected: Events (I get a log "Ground Combat Intelligence [. . . ] Estimated Hostile Force (Error Range: Estimated Hostile Force").
What you were doing at the time: Invading Mars (which has an SMed NPR population, now hostile)
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? It's consistent on this save, including picking up and re-dropping my forces on Mars.  I'm not sure whether it's reproducible in a new game.

Database: https://drive. google. com/open?id=15hspUe0PFxhJO2s7oMAB64wWTaVNLUBj Advance time to the next ground combat phase.

Confirmed
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 02:04:44 PM by Bughunter »

Offline Energyz

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 12:01:10 PM »
Null error on 3255 when passing an increment. Decimal separator is a period ".". It was after a fight with a NPR, on a 15 years old real star campaign. This save is from a 1.9.4, updated to 1.9.5.
DB attached for that bug, as the error is there consistenly

Failed to reproduce

-------

Another thing regarding the automatic detaching of ships when they are damaged and slowing the whole fleet. That features is great, but not consistent:

It seems that if one of the ship suffers from a secondary explosion, it won't be detached from the fleet hence slowing it down.

A similar thing seems to happen when the ships suffers from critical damage and goes from perfect condition to destroyed, the fleet speed is set to 1km/s. It will automaticly reset itself to maximum when you increment the game thanks to the "use maximum speed" features, but that's annoying. Same thing is happening to ennemy fleets as well

Ok, reported to Steve

« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 02:12:21 PM by Bughunter »

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 01:11:16 PM »
Version 1.9.5
The function number: no error
The complete error text: no error
What you were doing at the time: giving order to ship to join subfleet.
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? easy to reproduce

It seems that the order: Join Sub-Fleet is not working.

I have single ship in a fleet, I give order Join Sub-Fleet, target is fleet of ships that has 3 Sub Fleets. When I select order Join Sub-Fleet, i see several Sub Fleets to join I select one and then pass the turn. But ship will not join the fleet. I got message: Order not Possible Destination of DE TFN Teazer cannot be found. Please issue new orders. Both fleets are in the same location (sitting at jump point in my case)

Orders Join Fleet and Join as Sub Fleet are working correctly and ship joins the fleet.

Confirmed
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 02:49:46 PM by Bughunter »

The following users thanked this post: Resand

Offline Caplin

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 01:57:48 PM »
The function number: 1617
The complete error text: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
The window affected: None, just open 1.9.5.
What you were doing at the time: Just opening a fresh 1.9.0 database in 1.9.5.
Conventional or TN start: TN.
Random or Real Stars: Real stars.
Is your decimal separator a comma? No. It's a period.
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Repros every time for me with a stock 1.9.0 database on 1.9.5.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well Not long.

I get two  1617 errors every time I open a fresh 1.9.0 database in 1.9.5. Haven't played beyond that point on the impacted machine but the display superficially looks fine afterwards.

Failed to reproduce
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 02:27:42 PM by Bughunter »

Offline zatomic

• Petty Officer
  • z
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2020, 02:03:16 PM »
The function number: #3100
The complete error text: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
The window affected: System Generation and Display
What you were doing at the time: Re-rolling random ruins
Conventional or TN start: Either
Random or Real Stars: Real (probably both)
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy
Campaign Length: 0

In a fresh all default game, turn on SM, go to system view window, geo-survey all, pick a planet (Mars and Mercury tested) and do a random ruin. Then do it again, and after the 'ruin already exists and will be deleted' message, the error will appear. However, if the ruin generated included an installation, there will be no error. If an installation was generated and no error appears, just keep re-rolling until you get, then delete a ruin with no installation.

I would guess it's trying to delete the installation even when one doesn't exist, but just a guess.

Confirmed
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 02:34:12 PM by Bughunter »

Offline Kyle

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2020, 02:06:21 PM »
Retested and still occurring in 1.9.5.  Attached a 1.9.5 version of the same save.

The function number N/A
The complete error text N/A
The window affected - Environment Tab on the Populations window
What you were doing at the time: normal gameplay
Conventional or TN start : Conv
Random or Real Stars : Random
Is your decimal separator a comma? natively a period
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Ongoing & easy to see.

I configured Mars to add Carbon Dioxide to a maximum of 0.1 atm, and it *is* being added; however, the Environment tab displays 0 for desired maximum atm, not 0.1.

Confirmed
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 02:36:57 PM by Bughunter »

Offline Caplin

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2020, 02:10:04 PM »
Retested and still occurring in 1.9.5.  Attached a 1.9.5 version of the same save.

The function number N/A
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Ongoing & easy to see.

I configured Mars to add Carbon Dioxide to a maximum of 0.1 atm, and it *is* being added; however, the Environment tab displays 0 for desired maximum atm, not 0.1.

I thought I was imagining things. :) Can confirm this one as well.

Offline Energyz

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2020, 02:13:15 PM »
What you were doing at the time: unloading ordonance at Earth, changing ordonnance templates and then reloading at Earth
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? one-off

A WTF bug :

The Aconit and Acnée missiles were never designed, nor named, nor anything. They are not supposed to exist. I was about when about to order my collier to reload at Earth, after messing with the templates, when I noticed it was already full by those strange missiles. Only one of the two fleet's collier had that issue, and I'm not sure what caused it.

Unloading the affected is impossible, as other fantomic missiles with different name will appear :

It is actually flooding my stockpiles :

DB : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZVAybIzPBaXj79iHhEMeWrroP0lBflSR/view?usp=sharing

Confirmed, but please answer to my questions further down in the thread any provide additional info if you can
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 03:10:52 PM by Bughunter »

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2020, 02:23:02 PM »

The function number N/A

I thought I was imagining things. :) Can confirm this one as well.

A workaround for this exists. Simply press another button on the screen after setting that number (I usually use the nearby "Add Gas to Atmosphere" checkbox twice). For some reason, the text box doesn't save its value until it loses focus. Pressing enter may also work.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2020, 02:31:53 PM »
What you were doing at the time: unloading ordonance at Earth, changing ordonnance templates and then reloading at Earth
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? one-off

A WTF bug :

The Aconit and Acnée missiles were never designed, nor named, nor anything. They are not supposed to exist. I was about when about to order my collier to reload at Earth, after messing with the templates, when I noticed it was already full by those strange missiles. Only one of the two fleet's collier had that issue, and I'm not sure what caused it.

Unloading the affected is impossible, as other fantomic missiles with different name will appear :

It is actually flooding my stockpiles :

DB : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZVAybIzPBaXj79iHhEMeWrroP0lBflSR/view?usp=sharing

Could it be possible that these are from precursor outposts? I sometimes uncover massive AMM stockpiles from them

Offline Energyz

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2020, 03:02:56 PM »

Could it be possible that these are from precursor outposts? I sometimes uncover massive AMM stockpiles from them

No, it just magicly appears in my collier.

Offline theplahunter

• Leading Rate
  • t
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2020, 03:03:28 PM »
The function number 3248
The complete error text 1. 9. 5 Function #3248: The given key was no present in the dictionary.
The window affected: Fleet, Tactical.
What you were doing at the time: Starting up the game
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Happens everytime I try to reload
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 10 years

I tried to load my save after a few lockups, and now all of my ships, space stations, and other various vessels are missing.  It happened after lockups due to intermittent action by NPRs, although I don't really know what those NPRs were doing at the time.

Save that failed? Cannot see right now how to reproduce/pass this on to Steve with enough information that he can do anything about it.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 03:13:37 PM by Bughunter »

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2020, 03:57:31 PM »
1.9.5, Auto-assign FC actually de-assign all my weapons.

The function number  N/A
The complete error text  N/A
The window affected  Naval organization / ship combat
What you were doing at the time  testing
Conventional or TN start  TN
Random or Real Stars  real
Is your decimal separator a comma?  No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?  Should be easy to reproduce.

A ship with 24 x 10cm railguns and a single beam fire control (with matching tracking speed).

This is how I manually did the weapon assignment (since I noticed the auto FC assignment button de-assign the weapons):

After I pressed the auto FC assign button:

Attached is the db with the test scenario. The ship in question in under Earth Federation, Alabama 001 in a fleet bares the same name.

Confirmed, two players reporting
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 03:25:45 PM by Bughunter »

The following users thanked this post: DFNewb