Author Topic: incredible dryspells in minerals  (Read 1868 times)

Offline plasticpanzers (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • p
incredible dryspells in minerals
« on: November 19, 2015, 02:59:35 AM »
have run almost 10 games today with virtually no minerals in inner system and little in outer system.   anybody else
run into such intense dryspells in mineral availability?   Is it a random run of terrible luck or should i reinstall?

Offline AL

• Captain
  • A
Re: incredible dryspells in minerals
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 03:24:24 AM »
If you're overly concerned with the mineral levels in Sol you could always just re-roll them with SM, or set them manually if that still doesn't give acceptable results. Enable SM mode then head to the system information display screen (F9 IIRC) and there should be a bunch of pertinent buttons along the bottom right corner.

Offline plasticpanzers (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • p
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 04:50:38 AM »
As sure as little green matsa balls the very next game i set up (after 10 hours of failed games today) has abundent minerals.
lucky i have a pad on my computer desk to bang my head upon...

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 07:44:06 AM »
Dropping off a Geology Team on a body will roll a mineral generation. It does work with bodies without minerals as well as I just dropped off a team on Luna in my current game that had nothing and got quite a lot of 4 minerals at a decent accessibility.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 08:41:33 AM »
I had several games last week where duranium was limited to earth and a few asteroids.  Once Venus was completely baren, never seen that before.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 10:18:28 AM »
That was my last game. that one ended with a half month long 5 sec autoturn that was showing no sign of ending (or even going up to 10sec-1min like all my other games have done during slowdown sometimes).
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 11:49:51 PM »
Theres always a period after earth runs out where you're struggling for resources, how long it lasts depends on how rich the system is, but eventually you should be getting most of your resources from planets with few resources but in significant reserve.
My current game has several juicy planets with millions of every resource, most at .01 but a few of 0.5-1, but all but one are low gravity XD.
The one that is colony cost 2 with regular infrastructure will become a major colony in order to use cheaper manned mines, once I can afford the fuel and duranium.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "