Author Topic: Troll MK * class Destroyer  (Read 2422 times)

Offline Caesar (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • C
Re: Troll MK * class Destroyer
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2010, 02:38:48 PM »
Zero. I did a conventional start and I am now one-hundred years further in time.
Never bothered to build anything aggressive.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 03:03:44 AM by Caesar »

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2010, 04:31:16 PM »
The Mark2 looks a lot more lethal, the one thing that pops out to me is the 'ROF 25'. You pack a punch, but it's a very slow left hook!

Since you now have a good speed, what would a Carronade design with the same capacitor of 8 but a shorter range do? i.e. could you get 2/3 in which have a shorter range but a faster ROF?

Offline Caesar (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • C
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2010, 05:10:36 PM »
I could decrease the Calibre, but that would mean that I not only decrease the range, but the damage as well.
Normally I prefer Rate of Fire, but decreasing the range and the damage in favor of the rate of fire would be a waste, I think. I'll probably get better capacitors instead.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Troll MK I class Destroyer
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2010, 08:54:08 PM »
Quote from: "Caesar"
That's better too, I guess.

Which makes me wonder..

If you'd have two reactors both producing ten energy per five seconds, and two weapons using ten energy per five seconds, and one of the reactors is destroyed, will the recharge rate double, or will some weapons be unable to fire at all?

The rate of fire would be cut in half, and all weapons would take twice as long to charge.  Alternative suggestions are frequently made, but Steve is resistant to any sort of 'Energy Allocation' which would slow down fleet battles.  We might get him to implement some sort of 'Empire Doctrine' - have the player pick the rule by which automated EA would occur, such as:

1.  Charge all weapons equally  (the current behaviour)
2.  Charge biggest weapons fully  (would favour anti-ship weapons)
2.  Charge smallest weapons fully  (would favour point-defense weapons)