Author Topic: Jump gate at jump point option  (Read 1994 times)

Offline bobterrius (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • b
Jump gate at jump point option
« on: May 26, 2011, 09:14:39 AM »
Hello everybody,

After several game, I want to try a game with "jump gates on all jump point" option on.

I launch the game, and no gate on the jump point. I change the design of my grav survey vessel, i give them a jump engine to see if in the other system there is the same problem. And I find jump gate no where.

So, it's a bug or this function is not yet implemented, or maybe I have made a mistake?

Thank you for your answer.

Offline bobterrius (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • b
Re: Jump gate at jump point option
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 11:08:05 AM »
Sorry for the disturbing, but by pursuing my exploration, I discovered that all the other system except mine and the 2 next door have Jump gate at their jump point.

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 02:19:49 AM »
oh thats super weird

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 07:53:18 AM »
The simple explanation is that those systems were created before the 'jump gates on all jump points' option was ticked.  Like most - possibly even all - Aurora options it doesn't work retroactively.  For example, if you start with a 10,000-system universe and later change it to 500, Aurora won't erase or renumber existing systems above 500;  instead, no new systems above 500 will be created.

Anyway, the simplest solution is to enable SM mode and use the F9 'System' screen to put jumpgates on all points missing them.   You should be fine from now (though the initial NPR will also be missing jumpgates on its jump points).