Author Topic: Time increment troubles!  (Read 1433 times)

Offline Ravenplucker (OP)

• Leading Rate
Time increment troubles!
« on: December 28, 2010, 03:02:46 PM »
No matter what I set the sub-pulses to, it repeatedly stops every 10 seconds.  I don't quite know how to explain it, I'm far too full of frustration and rage. 

I want 5 days to pass.  I set the sub-pulse to 1 day.  Despite this, it stops after 10 seconds (I checked in the events tab)

Anybody know how to fix this?
I still don't know what the hell I'm doing.

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
Re: Time increment troubles!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 03:47:45 PM »
No matter what I set the sub-pulses to, it repeatedly stops every 10 seconds.  I don't quite know how to explain it, I'm far too full of frustration and rage. 

I want 5 days to pass.  I set the sub-pulse to 1 day.  Despite this, it stops after 10 seconds (I checked in the events tab)

Anybody know how to fix this?
The likelihood is that Aurora is 'Working as advertised'TM.  The 10 sec interrupt means that there is something occuring that had generated a system interrupt.  If you run with automated turns on(system screen [F3] tick box in the right hand corner) it will continue in 10secs steps until the action is completed.  Most likely there is a battle going on somewhere.  There may be another cause, such as a unit attacking another unit with a weapon that cannot damage it.  if this is the cause then someone may need to sort the Database out for you.
Welchbloke

• Leading Rate
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 03:55:08 PM »
Quote from: welchbloke link=topic=3147. msg30415#msg30415 date=1293572865
The likelihood is that Aurora is 'Working as advertised'TM.   The 10 sec interrupt means that there is something occuring that had generated a system interrupt.   If you run with automated turns on(system screen [F3] tick box in the right hand corner) it will continue in 10secs steps until the action is completed.   Most likely there is a battle going on somewhere.   There may be another cause, such as a unit attacking another unit with a weapon that cannot damage it.   if this is the cause then someone may need to sort the Database out for you.

I know none of my guys are fighting, so does that mean another empire is currently battling it out with someone?

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 04:01:42 PM »
I know none of my guys are fighting, so does that mean another empire is currently battling it out with someone?
Probably; however, I thought that Steve had set the interrupts so that it would only show up when it affected your empire.  If the 10 sec increments continue for more than an hour or so of game time, there may be an issue with one of the other empire's fleets attempting an order they cannot complete.
Welchbloke

• Leading Rate
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 05:32:09 PM »
Additionally: How do I assign planetary governors?

Offline jseah

• Captain
  • j
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 05:36:44 PM »
Press F4 to go to Leaders. 

From the dropdown box after Leader Type, select Civilian Administrator. 

Pick an Administrator, pick a planet, click Assign.  If you have a sector command with systems assigned to the sector, that'll show up as well. 
You need your administrator to have a high enough Admin Rating to take the post. 

• Leading Rate
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 06:32:10 PM »
Ahh, thank you very much!  ;D