Author Topic: Repairing damage at a maintenance facility?  (Read 1515 times)

Offline Foolcow (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • F
Repairing damage at a maintenance facility?
« on: January 30, 2011, 04:08:38 AM »
I have a ship with the following listed in the Damage Control section of its details screen:

1x Gravitational Survey Sensors (200)

This apparently means that this damaged component will require 200 maintenance supplies to fix.

I've already ordered a resupply and an overhaul since the malfunction, and that has been completed, but the sensors are still damaged.  The maintenance facility has at least 20,000 maintenance supplies available, and is big enough to accomodate this ship.

Also, ordering repair in the damage control tab does nothing, because the ship itself can only hold 107 MSPs.

What can I do to get this scout functioning again?

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Repairing damage at a maintenance facility?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 07:12:38 AM »
return it to a shipyard and repair it there, or dock it onto a carrier with more than 200 maint avaliable and order it to start repairs (it will use the carriers maint)
Slàinte,

Mike

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Repairing damage at a maintenance facility?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 05:34:04 PM »
When you are designing a ship, look for the Max Repair cost. This tells you how many MSP a ship must be able to carry in order to be able to repair all its own systems, assuming it has access to sufficient maintenance supplies. Otherwise, as suggested, you can repair a ship at a shipyard or inside a hangar bay.

Steve