Author Topic: The Little Tanker that might.  (Read 1636 times)

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
The Little Tanker that might.
« on: May 28, 2020, 12:47:07 AM »
Pudgy Class Tanker
Code: [Select]
Pudgy Class Tanker      125 tons       2 Crew       14.3 BP       TCS 2    TH 2    EM 0
643 km/s      Armour 1-2       Shields 0-0       HTK 2      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 0      PPV 0
Maint Life 55.76 Years     MSP 27    AFR 1%    IFR 0.0%    1YR 0    5YR 0    Max Repair 8 MSP
Lieutenant Commander    Control Rating 1   
Intended Deployment Time: 1 months    Morale Check Required   

Magneto-plasma Drive  EP1.60 (1)    Power 1.6    Fuel Use 87.50%    Signature 1.6    Explosion 5%
Fuel Capacity 91,000 Litres    Range 150.5 billion km (2708 days at full power)

This design is classed as a Fighter for production, combat and planetary interaction
*The reserve level is 1,000 Litres.

- Because Refueling Systems are for nerds. 8)

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
Re: The Little Tanker that might.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 12:53:21 AM »
Pudgy Class Tanker
Code: [Select]
Pudgy Class Tanker      125 tons       2 Crew       14.3 BP       TCS 2    TH 2    EM 0
643 km/s      Armour 1-2       Shields 0-0       HTK 2      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 0      PPV 0
Maint Life 55.76 Years     MSP 27    AFR 1%    IFR 0.0%    1YR 0    5YR 0    Max Repair 8 MSP
Lieutenant Commander    Control Rating 1   
Intended Deployment Time: 1 months    Morale Check Required   

Magneto-plasma Drive  EP1.60 (1)    Power 1.6    Fuel Use 87.50%    Signature 1.6    Explosion 5%
Fuel Capacity 91,000 Litres    Range 150.5 billion km (2708 days at full power)

This design is classed as a Fighter for production, combat and planetary interaction
*The reserve level is 1,000 Litres.

- Because Refueling Systems are for nerds. 8)
I used to drive tankers like that, but then I took a Refuelling System to the knee.  Fighter-scale refuelling systems are very much on my wish list.

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 09:33:02 AM »
So practically, how it works. You insert it into a boat bay, and you can transfer the fuel to the mother ship?

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 10:47:19 AM »
So practically, how it works. You insert it into a boat bay, and you can transfer the fuel to the mother ship?
Nope.  There is no way to get the fuel out.  You can refuel it from the mother ship, but it can't transfer fuel to anything else.  Commercial or Military hanger makes no difference, nor does putting a fuel transfer system on the mother ship.

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 07:53:46 PM »
@SpikeTheHobbitMage

- That's why I called it the little Tanker that might instead of the little Tanker that could. However, it might be possible if the ship is landed, checked off as a tanker in the design screen, and you tell the mothership to refuel from it. You can re-arm from parasites already, and I believe Iceranger (who helped me test that function) found that they also could take fuel from the parasite. Don't quote me on that last bit, though.

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 08:44:18 PM »
@SpikeTheHobbitMage

- That's why I called it the little Tanker that might instead of the little Tanker that could. However, it might be possible if the ship is landed, checked off as a tanker in the design screen, and you tell the mothership to refuel from it. You can re-arm from parasites already, and I believe Iceranger (who helped me test that function) found that they also could take fuel from the parasite. Don't quote me on that last bit, though.
Trust, but verify.  :)

If a tanker doesn't have a fuel transfer system then it can't be used as a refuelling source, even if the receiving ship has one.  The only exception is if the tanker has a hangar, as mother ships do not require fuel transfer systems to refuel their docked parasites, nor do they need to be designated as tankers, but they should still have minimum fuel set.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2020, 11:19:45 AM »
I'd happily SM-adjust the fuel levels with something like that around to roleplay refueling.