Author Topic: Hosting Plan Change  (Read 16310 times)

Offline Erik L (OP)

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Hosting Plan Change
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2015, 08:57:33 AM »
Actually I've been getting weird graphics problems with this forum lately, I had chalked it down to my slow connection speeds, but it's very unusual... 
http://i.imgur.com/N78oHMj.png 
Also sometimes images load as a pink square with random pink lines on it....

That is bizarre. The only time I've seen anything remotely similar is when the video drivers need a serious update, or the card is about to implode.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2015, 09:12:43 AM »
That is bizarre. The only time I've seen anything remotely similar is when the video drivers need a serious update, or the card is about to implode.

It wouldn't surprise me if my card was about to kick the bucket, actually, It's probably unrelated :P
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Bryan Swartz

• Captain
  • B
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2015, 05:47:36 PM »
FYI I just got the 404 error for the first time.  It was a fairly long post, but one that I had previously posted in precisely the same form before the forum issues with no problem. 

So -- bizarre world continues. 

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2015, 04:23:47 AM »
"Well, aside from" Is bugged unless from is placed into italics..... weird because from by itself seems fine.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 04:25:50 AM by MarcAFK »
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2015, 04:34:59 AM »
•"May from I from introduce from Mr from Ollivander?" from said from Dumbledore. from taking from his from place from at from the from judges’ from table, from and from talking from to from the from champions. from "He from will from be from checking from your from wands from to from ensure from that from they from are from in from good from condition from before from the from Tournament"… from Fleur from Delacour from swept from over from to from Mr from Ollivander, from and from handed from him from her from wand. from "Hmm…" from he from said. from He from twirled from the from wand from between from his from long from fingers from like from a from baton from and from it from emitted from a from number from of from pink from and from gold from sparks. from Then from he from held from it from close from to from his from eyes from and from examined from it from carefully. from "Yes," from he from said from quietly, from "nine from and from a from half from inches… from inflexible… from rosewood… from and from containing… from dear from me…" from … from "Mr from Ollivander from ran from his from fingers from along from the from wand, from apparently from checking from for from scratches from or from bumps… from "Ah from now, from this from is from one from of from mine, from isn’t from it?" from said from Mr from Ollivander, from with from much from more from enthusiasm, from as from Cedric from handed from over from his from wand. from "Yes, from I from remember from it from well. from Containing from a from single from hair from from from the from tail from of from a from particularly from fine from male from unicorn… from Twelve from and from a from quarter from inches… from ash… from pleasantly from springy. from It’s from in from fine from condition… from you from treat from it from regularly?" from "Polished from it from last from nigt, from said from Cedric, from grinning. from Harry from looked from down from at from his from own from wand. from He from could from see from finger from marks from all from over from it. from He from gathered from a from fistful from of from robe from from from his from knee from and from tried from to from rub from it from clean from surreptitiously. from Several from gold from sparks from shot from out from of from the from end from of from it. from Fleur from Delacour from gave from him from a from very from patronising from look, from and from he from desisted. from Mr from Ollivander from sent from a from stream from of from silver from smoke from rings from across from the from room from from from the from tip from of from Cedric’s from wand, from pronounced from himself from satisfied, from and from then from said, from "Mr from Krum, from if from you from please."… from He from thrust from his from wand from out from and from stood from scowling, from with from his from hands from in from the from pokckets from of from his from robes… from He from lifted from the from wand from and from examined from it from minutely, from turning from it from over from and from over from before from his from eyes. from "Yes…. from hornbeam from and from dragon from heartstring?" from he from shot from at from Krum, from who from nodded. from "Rather from thicker from than from one from usually from sees… from quite from rigid… from ten from and from a from quarter from inches… from Avis!" from The from hornbeam from wand from let from off from a from blast from like from a from gun…

Offline Vortex421

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • V
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2015, 02:42:22 PM »
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index. php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Just got this as I was trying to make a new topic. . .  three times now with no success.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2015, 02:45:26 PM »
Try putting all instances of from or like into italics.....

Offline Vortex421

• V
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2015, 02:55:59 PM »
Talk about odd. . .  my first chapter had the word fro-m in it twice and I had no problems posting.   This chapter had it six times and it did not like it. . .  very weird.

Offline Bryan Swartz

• Captain
  • B
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2015, 04:24:06 PM »
MarcAFK, you may have hit on something!  I was able to rescue one post by doing the italics trick. 

I nominate you for ... something really cool. 

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2015, 12:01:23 AM »
Talk about odd. . .  my first chapter had the word fro-m in it twice and I had no problems posting.   This chapter had it six times and it did not like it. . .  very weird.
I posted like 200 froms on the last page with no problem. It's weird.

Offline Vortex421

• V
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2015, 11:43:20 AM »
Something else odd is the spacing on periods.    I'm new to the forum so I may have missed a thread, but it seems to me that the boards are adding extra spaces after a period.    This post may even be an example. 

EDIT:  Aha, found it. . .  it seems to be an anti-spam feature in place, and until you have 10 posts you get the spacing issue.   This kinda sucks, because I started posting my story right away and it's been driving me nuts with the spacing issues.   I'll just have to find a way to get to 10 posts - legitimately - and then proceed from there.   :)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 11:47:11 AM by Vortex421 »

Offline Erik L (OP)

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2015, 12:00:21 PM »
Something else odd is the spacing on periods.    I'm new to the forum so I may have missed a thread, but it seems to me that the boards are adding extra spaces after a period.    This post may even be an example. 

EDIT:  Aha, found it. . .  it seems to be an anti-spam feature in place, and until you have 10 posts you get the spacing issue.   This kinda sucks, because I started posting my story right away and it's been driving me nuts with the spacing issues.   I'll just have to find a way to get to 10 posts - legitimately - and then proceed from there.   :)

This was your 11th post.

Offline Vortex421

• V
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2015, 01:07:39 PM »
Nope, that - at the time - was post 9.  :)  I have made a couple posts since then.  (This is post 12)

(Let's test... 1.01 2.02)