Author Topic: Eight Jaw-Dropping Facts  (Read 3143 times)

Offline Theodidactus (OP)

• Registered
  • Commodore
Eight Jaw-Dropping Facts
« on: December 07, 2013, 09:01:21 AM »
I started a humor blog about a month back but have only now gotten around to making a second post:

8 Jaw-Dropping Facts about Internet Clickbait
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

• Registered
  • Commodore
Re: Eight Jaw-Dropping Facts
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 10:32:06 AM »
Episode II: In Which I Write an Anthropology Paper for my friend without any formal training in Anthropology:

http://theodidactus.wordpress.com/2013/12/20/in-which-i-write-an-anthropology-paper-with-no-formal-training-in-anthropology/
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline GeneJack

• Petty Officer
  • I am operating within established parameters.
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 12:56:36 PM »
Very amusing.

Offline HaliRyan

• Lt. Commander
  • H
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 04:52:30 PM »
I have to admit, that faux anthropology paper cracked me up.

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 04:20:51 PM »
One of my friends is trying to get published right now and it sucks. I love anthropology but some of the literature you have to read is shameful.

Offline GeneJack

• Petty Officer
  • I am operating within established parameters.
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 05:27:16 PM »
Anthropology isn't the only field plagued by papers like that.  Publish, publish, publish.

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 12:37:22 AM »
oh for sure. I'm a library sciences M.A. and if anything it's worse there. It's just that it's less of an eye-catching tale of woe.
I know a guy that got published 3 times in a year by publishing two-page-long "slices" of what was originally a 6-7 page long article.

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 12:21:40 AM »
"Clive,

I am writing to inform you that my editor has removed the exchange between the attractive dwarf and the elf-maiden in its entirety. This scene, of course, was absolutely crucial in establishing the love triangle between the attractive dwarf, the elf-maiden, and the somewhat-less-attractive-but-still-comely-elf-prince. My editor’s concern appears to be moral in nature: the dwarf’s request that the elf-maiden search his pants, coupled with the elf-maiden’s insistence that there would be nothing in there to find, appears to be inappropriate in a work intended primarily for children."

...http://theodidactus.wordpress.com/2014/01/02/235/