Author Topic: Stumbled onto a huge battle between NPR's  (Read 1739 times)

Offline laz (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
Stumbled onto a huge battle between NPR's
« on: September 06, 2010, 04:17:33 PM »
One of my explorer ships recently explored a star system. Just before it was about to automatically head to the nearest grav survey point in the system it began to detect huge nuclear exploisons taking place in the star system. As I advanced time the star map began to fill up with wrecks and lifepods around the second planet in the system and a skirmish which appeared to be taking place further out of the system nearer to my location. According the system screen the inner planet is an earth like world so this must be an NPR homeworld being attacked by another NPR or maybe a precursor? or a swarm?

It's been quite cool to watch the battle unfold so far, its ran on for 2 days straight so far, I withdrew my explorer ship through the jump point as I didn't want to get involved in the fight. The games still grinding down to a snail pace now as they keep throwing lumps at each other.

Offline mikew

• Chief Petty Officer
Re: Stumbled onto a huge battle between NPR's
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 07:06:24 PM »
Were you able to pick up any lifepods without being detected?  Might be able to pick up some intel.

From a game mechanics point however, that may or may not lead the NPRs to realize that you exist.

Mike

Offline laz (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 02:08:31 AM »
I tried to but they disappeared during my vessels transit in system. The battle has ended since then so i sent a scout into the system to check out the aftermath. I've made contact with the NPR race on the habitable planet and recently a second NPR im uncertain if the second npr was responsible for the attack on the system. I'm sending my salvager into the system to aquire any advanced tech they happened to have on those wrecks.

Offline Arwyn

• Gold Supporter
  • Commander
  • A
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 11:12:28 AM »
I ran into one of these as well. I had an NPR start in the system right next to my homeworld, who turned out to not be very friendly, as they blew away my contacting survey ship. They were in a binary system, the A component had a Precursor listening post in it, which I bypassed in the survey. The B component had the NPR, who was smaller population wise, and had a fairly small low tech fleet.

After the nasty NPR splashed my survey vessel, I wound up mining the warp point while my fleet trained up.

After several months, I moved back into the system and noticed the same thing. Nuke explosions going off. Apparently, the the NPR had moved into the A component and tripped across the Precursor warships that I missed. Precursors massacred the NPR and wound up nuking the NPR homeworld. I stepped in and splashed the Precursors, and wound up landing troops a couple of months later and seizing the NPR homeworld.