Author Topic: v1.7.3 Bugs Thread  (Read 20128 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v1.7.3 Bugs Thread
« Reply #135 on: April 21, 2020, 12:21:36 PM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=10968. msg126507#msg126507 date=1587482452
Quote from: davidr link=topic=10968. msg126415#msg126415 date=1587458036
Same bug in all the versions :_

currently using v1. 73 with TN start

The Event log does not pause or cause an entry to appear when a Geo Survey ship completes its Standing Orders.

I gave the Geo ship the order to survey all Planets / Moons.  It has completed its orders but I have received no notification of the fact in the event log.

DavidR

Finally tracked it down.  The problem is the event type isn't in the database.  The event was created but never recorded.  This will need a db change to fix though.

Any chance you can release a db patch that just alters an existing db (creates the new event type) without needing a completely new db?

No, I am not keeping track of changes. Just working my way through the bugs. It is only 9 days since release so I am still in the bug-fixing phase at the moment.

Offline Castinar

• Petty Officer
  • C
« Reply #136 on: April 21, 2020, 12:25:45 PM »
Here's a weird one: standard conventional start, when I begin exploring, my jump ship discovers the system of Sol. Database attached.

Its not Sol, but rather a completely different system that was named Sol.

It looks like the program is taking the Sol entry in the known systems table and generating a completely new system based on the same star type. When I changed Sol to System Number 1 to fix an issue with random stars, I believe it caused this bug. I'll change Sol back to zero and fix Random Stars in a different way.

I've seen Sol (alternate) in a few different reports over several versions of C# --- is it possible that Sol is featured in multiple name lists and getting picked up that way?  Start in the real Sol system, using a name list that contains Sol so getting the alternative version?

Offline Ekaton

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • E
« Reply #137 on: April 21, 2020, 12:27:59 PM »
I managed to get a save a few 5 day turns before it goes into endless loading. Exactly the same way it happened to my games about a dozen times before.

Turns out this one worked after a while.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 01:12:27 PM by Ekaton »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #138 on: April 21, 2020, 12:32:32 PM »
I assume this button is supposed to refresh the galaxy screen? It doesn't appear to do anything at the moment and having to re-open the galaxy screen whenever it needs to be refreshed is frustrating. I think it's been reported in earlier versions but apparently no one bothered reporting it again.

Fixed.

The following users thanked this post: RagnarVaren

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #139 on: April 21, 2020, 12:32:49 PM »
Clicking the Mineral Survey button on the taskbar from the galaxy map (which is not the main map) does nothing.

Fixed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #140 on: April 21, 2020, 12:33:40 PM »
Hey Steve, a bunch of pretty irritable bugs has been fixed, alongside a ton of other fixes for v1.7.3, can we get the next patchTM? Having my game paused every couple days because of the shipping lines getting a new engine / a new ship / scrapping a ship is getting on my nerves a little bit now :)

I don't know how much effort it is to release each version for Steve but a 1.7.4 followed by a quick 1.8 with DB edits would be a nice way of giving people choice but idk how much trouble that would cause, not least of all with bug reports.

It won't work if the exe is expecting something in the db and I definitely do not want forked versions of the code at this stage.

Offline RagnarVaren

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #141 on: April 21, 2020, 12:43:11 PM »
I managed to get a save a few 5 day turns before it goes into endless loading. Exactly the same way it happened to my games about a dozen times before.

I'm not having any issues incrementing time. I've done it for 2 years now at 5 day turns without an issue in your db. I'm guessing it's an issue with your setup or computer.

Did you correctly install the patches? Try deleting the aurora.exe file and replacing it.
What operating system are you using?
Where is the aurora folder installed?
Anything else that might be relevant might help narrow down the cause.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 12:45:04 PM by RagnarVaren »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2020, 12:45:30 PM »
When creating a new game, but hitting cancel when you design your race, the "create empire" screen also closes.
Furthermore, it opens up a previous (first? most recent?) game (cant test if done "correctly, I only see the system map but no planets etc.  Might be bc it panned to somewhere else?),
and gives me this Error:

Function #1616: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt
(roughly: The object reference has not been assigned an object instance)

Trying to interact with THE MAP (scrolling, clicking etc) brings up a new version of the same error.  (Function #1616: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt)

Trying to interact with A BUTTON (eg.  open Research Screen gives me the error Function #155: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt
Dismissing the errors does nothing.

Trying to reopen Aurora:

Does not open the game correctly:
Race and System field are blank, all checkboxes unchecked

Any interaction with THE MAP brings up the error
 Function #1620: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt
 and Function #1616: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt

Trying to click A BUTTON brings up the error
 Function #155: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt

Cancelling the race is not the same as cancelling the game, which is now created without a player race. You need the race to be able to view anything, so that is why all the errors appear.

I will disable the cancel button for races created as part of new game setup and leave it available for stand alone race creation from the system view.

The following users thanked this post: JacenHan

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2020, 01:02:25 PM »
To further clarify on the minimum distance move to bug, how to reproduce:

Set a ship to move minimum distance to lets say Mars and put the minimum distance to 100000000.
Pass time until orders complete.
Pass 1 hour, notice ship doesn't move or anything.
Pass 5 days (a construction cycle) and notice the ship magically teleports to orbit mars at 0km distance.

Has been around since release. Note: that the follow command works with minimum distance (mars moves then the fleet has to "catch up") and the fleet does not teleport with it.

Offline Aloriel

• Lieutenant
« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2020, 01:07:23 PM »
v1.7.3 (continuation from 1.7.0)

Like several others, I have had numerous ground forces disappear. Notable things that might make a difference:
  • My missing troops are ones I built in 1.7.1 through 1.7.3, while the ones I built in 1.7.0 are still present.
  • In my DB, the STOs numbered 102 and higher were built *after* the bug occurred. They're why I noticed the troops were missing.
  • Those same STOs will likely help you notice the missing database entries, as there is a database entry gap between troops 1-22 and 102-106, according to a helper on the Discord channel.

Good luck, and thanks for your hard work!
Sarah
Game Developer in Unity and UE4 and 5

Offline MasonMac

• Registered
  • M
« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2020, 01:11:13 PM »
When will the events bug be fixed?

Offline Ekaton

• E
« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2020, 01:18:35 PM »

I'm not having any issues incrementing time. I've done it for 2 years now at 5 day turns without an issue in your db. I'm guessing it's an issue with your setup or computer.

Did you correctly install the patches? Try deleting the aurora.exe file and replacing it.

As it turned out, this save worked fine after loading for about 30 minutes. I'll try to post one when it stops completely.
I installed my game in D:\Games\Aurora
I'm using Windows 10
i7-6700HQ
16 GB RAM

I installed it with 1.5.1 then 1.7 then 1.7.3

I have had this issue with every version of the game.

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #147 on: April 21, 2020, 01:24:35 PM »

As it turned out, this save worked fine after loading for about 30 minutes. I'll try to post one when it stops completely.
I'm using Windows 10
i7-6700HQ
16 GB RAM

On the Discord, I recall seeing another user with this issue too. Completely deleting and reinstalling Aurora seemed to fix it. Maybe try that?

Offline Ekaton

• E
« Reply #148 on: April 21, 2020, 01:26:02 PM »

I'm using Windows 10
i7-6700HQ
16 GB RAM

On the Discord, I recall seeing another user with this issue too. Completely deleting and reinstalling Aurora seemed to fix it. Maybe try that?

I did that a few times now, plus it persists with every version.

Offline Energyz

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #149 on: April 21, 2020, 01:27:44 PM »
Diplomacy : If you receive damage from an NPR, the DR goes to -101. It should then goes back to zero if there is no longer figth between the two factions, but it seems to be frozen at -101 in my game for some decades now. Communication were not etablished, but if I SM Est comm, the DR will normalise slowly like it should.

Also, anyone managed to etablish communication with NPR? I've met two so far, sent a diplomatic ship but each time I received threat message when it was in their homeworld, and no communication attempt. They even started to fire on those ships... Maybe I'm unlucky