Author Topic: NPR with 0 ton ground force won't surrender  (Read 3256 times)

Offline Barkhorn (OP)

• Commodore
  • B
NPR with 0 ton ground force won't surrender
« on: October 02, 2020, 02:30:56 PM »
I have defeated an NPR ground force.  They have 0 tons left, I have 128,000 tons.  I am getting messages every 8 hours saying the estimated enemy force is 1 infantry.  I have hundreds of tanks left.  It's been weeks.  I think it's bugged.  Is there a way I can delete this bugged formation via SM?

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Re: NPR with 0 ton ground force won't surrender
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 02:55:17 PM »
SM can't do anything to NPRs. That said, you could probably edit the database directly to fix it. I don't know enough about SQL to suggest how.

Or you could nuke from orbit, just to be sure.

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 04:17:09 PM »
 - I concur with TheTalkingMeowth. Have the marines dustoff and nuke it from orbit... it's the only way to be sure.

Offline Barkhorn (OP)

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 04:26:35 PM »
I got it worked out.  With help from the discord, I deleted the offending formation from the DB and it all works fine now.  I now have ~1 million new slaves citizens.

If anyone's interested, it was a single xenoarchaeology vehicle that was somehow impossible to kill.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 04:31:03 PM by Barkhorn »

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 06:01:14 PM »
I got it worked out.  With help from the discord, I deleted the offending formation from the DB and it all works fine now.  I now have ~1 million new slaves citizens.

If anyone's interested, it was a single xenoarchaeology vehicle that was somehow impossible to kill.

How does DB editing work? Are there any resources available for that sort of thing?

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 07:57:20 PM »

How does DB editing work? Are there any resources available for that sort of thing?
DB editing is strongly discouraged, don't report bugs if you mess with the DB.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 07:58:55 PM by Migi »

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 08:20:31 PM »

DB editing is strongly discouraged, don't report bugs if you mess with the DB.

There is no such thing as strong discouragement from editing the database... as long as you know what you are doing that is just fine.

Sure... don't report bugs on an edited database... make sure to replicate any issues in a standard DB before doing so.

If Steve had wanted the database to be not messed with he would have put a password on it. He used to have that but usually gave the password to anyone who wanted to have it that asked for it... as long as you understand that you can potentially corrupt a game by messing with the database then go right ahead and do so.

You can just search Google for any free database editor that is out there to do it, should not be hard to find.

Offline Barkhorn (OP)

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2020, 09:02:51 PM »
I reported it before I edited my DB.  It was really simple though and it seems to work fine, so I don't think I broke anything.

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2020, 10:22:43 PM »
I'm curious if you could have killed it via nukes. I'd guess that what was going on was the xenoarcheology vehicle was set to avoid combat which reduces hit chance by a factor of 4(?), and was probably fortified and maybe the environment was really bad for accuracy. So you just couldn't hit the thing by luck. Energy weapons have smeg accuracy and rate of fire so probably would have missed, but I think missiles work differently when shot at a planet?

Offline drejr

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • d
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2020, 05:16:14 AM »
Did you have any formations on full attack?

Offline Barkhorn (OP)

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2020, 11:34:25 AM »
Yes, many.

Offline Deutschbag

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Discord Username: Pwnzerfaust
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2020, 05:30:52 PM »

The DB is a sqlite database that you can easily modify with a utility like DB Browser for SQLite. If you aren't familiar with SQL or databases in general I'd look into more information about that before you go fooling with things, and always save backups to make sure you don't irreparably break something.