Author Topic: SpaceMarines Collection of Tutorials and youtube videos - Aurora 4x C#  (Read 66356 times)

Offline SpaceMarine (OP)

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
Aurora 4x C# - Tutorial - Jump points and how jump drives work 101
« Reply #195 on: June 25, 2020, 11:40:49 AM »

still melting over here

The following users thanked this post: Geezer, AJS1956, Vastrat

Offline SpaceMarine (OP)

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
Aurora 4x C# - Tutorial - Explaining Command Systems, and how they work
« Reply #196 on: June 27, 2020, 02:46:58 PM »

The following users thanked this post: Geezer, AJS1956, Vastrat

Offline SpaceMarine (OP)

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral

The following users thanked this post: AJS1956

Offline SpaceMarine (OP)

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
Aurora 4x C# - Let's Play - New Horizons - A new age of exploration
« Reply #198 on: July 01, 2020, 02:19:30 PM »

Offline SpaceMarine (OP)

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
probably no video today but i have been working on the channel heres the new banner and profile picture

Also heres an emblem for something in my letsplay series

« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 01:28:51 PM by SpaceMarine »

Offline SpaceMarine (OP)

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral

The following users thanked this post: AJS1956, Vastrat

Offline SpaceMarine (OP)

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
Aurora 4x C# - Let's Play - New Horizons - A political shift
« Reply #201 on: July 04, 2020, 03:13:25 PM »

Offline SpaceMarine (OP)

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
Aurora 4x C# - Tutorial - Explaining Planetary Protection Value
« Reply #202 on: July 06, 2020, 12:36:09 PM »

The following users thanked this post: Demonides, AJS1956, Vastrat

Offline SpaceMarine (OP)

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral

Offline SpaceMarine (OP)

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral

Offline SpaceMarine (OP)

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
Possible video ideas: feedback would be nice :)
« Reply #205 on: July 10, 2020, 04:28:20 AM »
More videos are on the way but just want to get some interaction on what you guys think of this idea for a video.

I am thinking of doing review/introspective of the game which will cover the history, mechanics and more about the game, which I think will be a good way to advertise the game and also explain
what the game is and if you should play it or not, this would be a long project that would take an extended period of time in which I would research, script and make a review that could be up to an hour long as a one off.

Just on the planning table atm just want to get the forums opinions and especially people who are interested in aurora and if it would be useful to have a review to give to someone not sure about if they should play aurora or not.

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
Re: Possible video ideas: feedback would be nice :)
« Reply #206 on: July 10, 2020, 08:12:27 AM »
More videos are on the way but just want to get some interaction on what you guys think of this idea for a video.

I am thinking of doing review/introspective of the game which will cover the history, mechanics and more about the game, which I think will be a good way to advertise the game and also explain
what the game is and if you should play it or not, this would be a long project that would take an extended period of time in which I would research, script and make a review that could be up to an hour long as a one off.

Just on the planning table atm just want to get the forums opinions and especially people who are interested in aurora and if it would be useful to have a review to give to someone not sure about if they should play aurora or not.

I love the concept of a pitch video specifically targeting prospective new players--those who have heard of the game, are intrigued, and want to know a bit more before diving in.

I don't think an hour-long video is needed.
You should make it no longer than five minutes, and you don't need to go into the history of the project.
Essentially, you should just briefly discuss the major aspects of Aurora gameplay, while showing clips of the UI.

Go fast.
Prospective players don't need an explanation of mechanics, or any discussion (or even mention) of quirks, edge cases, or the gameplay balance beneath the mechanics.
Just show the meat of the game: the depth and breadth of decisions available to the player, and the tools that are used to implement those decisions.

Offline SpaceMarine (OP)

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
Aurora 4x C# - Tutorial - Explaining orbital habitats and their uses
« Reply #207 on: July 10, 2020, 09:58:08 AM »

The following users thanked this post: AJS1956, Vastrat

Offline Vastrat

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • V
« Reply #208 on: July 10, 2020, 02:18:37 PM »

I love the idea, it would be a great way to let people know exactly what Aurora is and what you can do with it. I'm enjoying your videos very much keep them coming, and thanks for all the hard work.

Offline Cobaia

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • C
« Reply #209 on: July 10, 2020, 04:02:34 PM »

I guess everyone got a taste for something different, in my opinion a 'pitch' video doesn't make sense to promote aurora. I believe the let's play format does more to engage new players. It display the features, mechanics and so on. That's how I discovered the game. Here's my two cents.