Author Topic: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 94704 times)

Offline Wolfius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • W
Re: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #135 on: June 01, 2014, 02:57:04 AM »
@Wolfius: That looks like a bug at first, but really isn't one. You stumbled across a laser that uses "advanced laser" beam technology, which can only be found in ruins. It is really weak on early tech grades (thus even the 0 damage), but progresses exponentially and later far surpasses any other weapons max. damage potential. If you are lucky you will find enough of those components that you can learn the tech from disassembling them, after which you can research the rest normally by yourself.

I actually tried to disassemble them at the time and got the pop-up saying I learned nothing from them.

And no, I don't have advanced laser tech. So, if that's what they were, then it sounds like it's still a bug, just of a different kind.

Offline Sebastian

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #136 on: June 01, 2014, 08:40:39 AM »
used the full installer for 6. 42

windows 7, installed game on d partition, set to fun in xp environment under admin.

when in the system maps advancing time in 30day increments I get the following error:

Error in CreateGameLog

error 76 was generated by aurora
path not found
please report to hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php/board,11. 0. html

if i click ok long enough i will eventually get other errors. (424 object required)  the only way to get out is vulcan neck pinch (ctrl alt del)

i did search before posting but there seemed to be other reported issues with their 76's while mine is rather vague.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 08:47:41 AM by Sebastian »

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #137 on: June 01, 2014, 11:23:50 AM »
used the full installer for 6. 42

windows 7, installed game on d partition, set to fun in xp environment under admin.

when in the system maps advancing time in 30day increments I get the following error:

Error in CreateGameLog

path not found
please report to hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php/board,11. 0. html

if i click ok long enough i will eventually get other errors. (424 object required)  the only way to get out is vulcan neck pinch (ctrl alt del)

i did search before posting but there seemed to be other reported issues with their 76's while mine is rather vague.

Create a directory on D: called Logs.

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #138 on: June 01, 2014, 11:26:42 AM »
Do you have a C:/logs directory?  If not, make one.

I had a similar problem and that fixed it.  Basically the database is looking for a directory to dump logs to, and it can't find one.  So you make one for it.

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #139 on: June 01, 2014, 12:42:22 PM »
Commercial yards can repair military vessels - bug or feature?

Offline Sebastian

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #140 on: June 01, 2014, 05:50:16 PM »
Create a directory on D: called Logs.

it already exists :-/

Offline chrislocke2000

• Captain
  • c
« Reply #141 on: June 02, 2014, 07:38:27 AM »
There seems to be a few issues with NPRs salvaging wrecks and then dismantling components. With a non TN start and several NPRs I've been getting multiple error messages on wrecks which I assume are arising from an NPR having a go at salvage. Sorry did not grab a screen shot of the error message but will do so if I see it again.

I've also had a few notifications to say I haven't been able to identify any new tech in the component. Given that I've not actually salvaged anything myself it looks like I'm getting the messages that are meant just for the NPR.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
« Reply #142 on: June 02, 2014, 08:34:12 AM »
it already exists :-/

You have full read/write access to it?

Offline Sebastian

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #143 on: June 04, 2014, 01:13:26 AM »
You have full read/write access to it?

that seems to have been the issue, thanks for everyones help.  ;D

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #144 on: June 04, 2014, 01:11:12 PM »
Also there is no overcrowding effect on Underground Colonies at all.    I have enough Space for 1 million colonists on most of my Asteroid Mines but they have over 20m population, they go up because of the above keep taking colonists to them. 

Growth problems with UI are fixed for v6.43

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #145 on: June 04, 2014, 01:12:29 PM »
Reposting bugs from the 6.30 thread that are still present in 6.42:
2. Ground units held in standard (non-cryogenic) Combat Drop Modules do not suffer morale penalties even after two years in the module. Tested on both battalion-sized and company-sized modules.

Fixed for v6.43

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #146 on: June 04, 2014, 01:14:22 PM »
1. Combat Drop Module (Cryo) - Battalion and Combat Drop Module (Cryo) - Company both have typos in their descriptions: "...unit is hled in cryogenic stasis and does not suffer moral penalties" should be "held in stasis... morale penalties."

Fixed in the next DB patch.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #147 on: June 04, 2014, 02:29:05 PM »
In 6.43 still I have now finally build a new super-fleet with, when united, a couple of 150mt fortress/city sector modules. It kind of proved anything wrong that I previously found out about the fleet fuel limitation. The rule about the number of error windows before was observed to be exactly one error per multiple of 2^31 as fleet fuel. I thought first that the ship count, mainly through a lot of fighters, would increase the problem, but this was tested negative with 480 fighters, 6 30kt long range bombers, and 2 20kt long range scouts docked, and still no increase in errors. Now I notice that this might have been because the dock there was a PDC hangar.
Anyway, so now I have 1mt capacity ship-based hangar filled with 720 fighters, 9 LR bombers, and a couple scout, science and transport supports, and I again get a couple hundred error windows upon selection. This time there is even just one 150mt civil module in the fleet + a 3 mt tractored military one (which is the hangar). This means that the additional error windows don't come out of things like overflowing cargo or fuel harvest capacity, which I suspected before. It really seems to be only fuel related, and in the format '1 error per ship' now.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

« Reply #148 on: June 04, 2014, 04:19:47 PM »
Quote from: Sebastian link=topic=7012.  msg73540#msg73540 date=1401630039
used the full installer for 6.   42

Error in CreateGameLog

path not found
please report to hxxp: aurora2.   pentarch.   org/index.   php/board,11.   0.   html

if i click ok long enough i will eventually get other errors.   (424 object required)  the only way to get out is vulcan neck pinch (ctrl alt del)

Having a similar issue after updating from 6. 3 beta and checked my C:\Logs for read-write access just to be sure.   It's not read-only and my account is the admin account on this PC, and administrators have read-write access to the folder as well. 

Error exactly is:
Code: [Select]
Error in Form Load
Error 76
Path not found
followed by an infinite series of
Error in UpdateGameLog
Error 91
Object variable or With block variable not set
until I terminate the process. 

A full reinstall of Aurora didn't resolve the problem, nor has searching of the forums (unless I'm an idiot and missed something obvious). 

Win7 x64 if that helps at all. 
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 04:27:24 PM by AxisKiller »

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
« Reply #149 on: June 04, 2014, 04:32:31 PM »
Having a similar issue after updating from 6. 3 beta and checked my C:\Logs for read-write access just to be sure.   It's not read-only and my account is the admin account on this PC, and administrators have read-write access to the folder as well. 

Error exactly is:
Error in Form Load
Error 76
Path not found
followed by an infinite series of
Error in UpdateGameLog
Error 91
Object variable or With block variable not set
until I terminate the process. 

A full reinstall of Aurora didn't resolve the problem, nor has searching of the forums (unless I'm an idiot and missed something obvious). 

Win7 x64 if that helps at all. 

You did install on the C drive, yes? The Logs directory needs to be on the root of the drive the game is installed to.