Author Topic: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 94707 times)

Re: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #150 on: June 04, 2014, 05:06:50 PM »
Yep; I have a C:\Logs\ folder, and Aurora is currently installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Aurora, where it's always been.  It stopped working only after I updated.

Offline papent

• Lieutenant
  • Off We Go Into The Wild Blue Yonder
« Reply #151 on: June 04, 2014, 05:29:20 PM »
i'm also having a similar issue i created a D:\Logs\ folder, and Aurora is currently installed to D:\Program Files (x86)\Aurora
In my humble opinion anything that could be considered a balance issue is a moot point unless the AI utilize it against you because otherwise it's an exploit you willing choose to use to game the system. 
Rule 0 Is effect : "The SM is always right/ What SM Says Goes."

Offline Langer

• Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #152 on: June 04, 2014, 08:05:16 PM »
Same thing here.  I was able to go back to 6. 42 and no errors.

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #153 on: June 05, 2014, 02:26:49 AM »
Two irritating bugs in 6.42.

1) When using civilian freighters to ship installations from one colony to another they loose count. e.g. ship 19 Research Facilities from one Earth colony to another Earth colony, When all had been transshipped there were loading errors and the contracts screen still thought that there were 4.55 still to ship and be received,while the receiving colony had only received 18.6.

2) Eighteen captured colony ships disappeared approximately one year after their capture. They were there at the end on one session but on reloading the game there was no task Group and no record in the individual ships screen or Class design screen. I believe them to originally be civilian ships and wonder whether they had come to the end of their 25 year lifespan?  I have seen this behavior in other 6.xx versions.
Edit - change that to all captured vessels that were previously civilian ships have disappeared along with their task groups and any other vessel within that task group.

Ian
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 02:47:39 AM by IanD »
IanD

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #154 on: June 05, 2014, 02:54:10 AM »

2) Eighteen captured colony ships disappeared approximately one year after their capture. They were there at the end on one session but on reloading the game there was no task Group and no record in the individual ships screen or Class design screen. I believe them to originally be civilian ships and wonder whether they had come to the end of their 25 year lifespan?  I have seen this behavior in other 6.xx versions.
Edit - change that to all captured vessels that were previously civilian ships have disappeared along with their task groups and any other vessel within that task group.

Ian

I encountered this as well. I conquered NPR and I got 9 freighters and 9 colony ships. Both groups eventually disappeared. I thought that I somehow deleted them because I build one of each myself to have group of 10. But it seems that this bug also affects civilian designs that are build by your own shipyards.

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #155 on: June 05, 2014, 03:40:18 AM »
same poblem as axiskiller, papent and langer; logs folder in C: and aurora main folder installed in C:\program files  I cannot use 6.43 ;(

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #156 on: June 05, 2014, 06:47:03 AM »
same poblem as axiskiller, papent and langer; logs folder in C: and aurora main folder installed in C:\program files  I cannot use 6.43 ;(

If you're using a Microsoft OS that is Vista or later do not install Aurora in C:\Program Files.  MS made some changes to how this directory is used that require administrator rights.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

« Reply #157 on: June 05, 2014, 01:30:44 PM »
I've had Aurora installed to Program Files since 5. 4 and it's been working fine up until now.  I'll try reinstalling to Documents and update on what happens. 

Update: Steve posted a fixed version of 6. 43 earlier, I downloaded that and the game is working fine now.   If you're having the same problem as me, redownload 6. 43 and it should work fine. 
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 01:35:07 PM by AxisKiller »

Offline Prince of Space

• Lieutenant
  • We like it very much.
« Reply #158 on: June 05, 2014, 04:26:50 PM »
Still on 6.42 for the moment. I had all my ground forces at my capital disappear, seemingly for no reason and with no warning. The commanding officers are gone, too. All the off-world ground forces are fine, but that's 115 ground units, including four full divisions, gone without a trace.

I'm not sure when it happened. I got an announcement that four CBs finished training, and when I looked at the ground units tab that was all I had there. I restored to my annual backup and the forces were still gone. I restored to the previous year's backup and they were still there, so I could take stock and SM them back into existence, but that's a whole bunch of bonus morale down the drain.

Edit: On a side note, the title of the pop up window that appears when you click the SM-only button "Add Units" in the GU Training window is "Create Divisions" rather than "Create Battalion" or "Create Unit." It makes it seem like the unit selector is stuck on Divisional HQ or something like that.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 04:35:54 PM by Prince of Space »

Offline zatomic

• Petty Officer
  • z
« Reply #159 on: June 05, 2014, 10:26:27 PM »
Here's a link to a previous report of a problem writing the log file under wine that is still an issue.

hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php/topic,6501. msg67271. html#msg67271

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #160 on: June 06, 2014, 05:05:53 AM »
Edit: On a side note, the title of the pop up window that appears when you click the SM-only button "Add Units" in the GU Training window is "Create Divisions" rather than "Create Battalion" or "Create Unit." It makes it seem like the unit selector is stuck on Divisional HQ or something like that.

Fixed the above for the next version.

Offline Sebastian

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #161 on: June 06, 2014, 11:57:01 AM »
installed the updated update for 6.43 this morning no "bugs" yet.

I did notice a typo does that count as a bug?

technology description for ship to ship tractor beam in the research tab reads

"A tractor beam capable of attaching on ship to another"

should say

"A tractor beam capable of attaching one ship to another"

i looked for an official typo thread

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #162 on: June 06, 2014, 03:03:39 PM »
installed the updated update for 6.43 this morning no "bugs" yet.

I did notice a typo does that count as a bug?

technology description for ship to ship tractor beam in the research tab reads

"A tractor beam capable of attaching on ship to another"

should say

"A tractor beam capable of attaching one ship to another"

i looked for an official typo thread

Fixed for next DB version

Offline Hydrofoil

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • H
« Reply #163 on: June 08, 2014, 09:10:30 AM »
Erm i started a brand new game and pressed the 30 day increment button and this happened. No idea why or how it happened i just clicked the 30 day increment button :S Running version 6.42

Edit: It appears to be only the asteroids in system doing this.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 09:12:38 AM by Hydrofoil »

Offline Sloshmonger

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
« Reply #164 on: June 09, 2014, 06:22:42 PM »
Erm i started a brand new game and pressed the 30 day increment button and this happened. No idea why or how it happened i just clicked the 30 day increment button :S Running version 6.42

Edit: It appears to be only the asteroids in system doing this.

Did you choose the option for Asteroid Orbit? If not, then asteroids will stay in a fixed position relative to their star.