Author Topic: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 94703 times)

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
Re: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #300 on: November 22, 2014, 08:23:28 PM »
Nebulas have a problem with the maximum possible travel speed when combined with hangars. Ships in hangars apparently get considered for this. For example a cruiser of mine in a level 2 nebula would in theory be capable of speed 5000, but since it has some survey craft with only 1 armor in hangars, it is limited to 1250. When I dispatch those probes, my new maximum becomes 2500, because there are also some bombers with armor 2.
The calculation for nebula speed doesn't recognize the special status of docked ships it seems.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #301 on: November 22, 2014, 11:56:14 PM »
This might not be a bug, it could be intended. In several Sci-Fi universes, hangars are simply like docking arms or attaching points on the side of the ship. The orbital weapons platform in the Halo universe has two hangars for frigate that are just arms as high as the frigates down the port and starboard sides. But it could be a bug if that wasn't intended.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Hurmdurm

• Petty Officer
  • H
« Reply #302 on: November 23, 2014, 11:33:55 AM »
Civilian shipping lines are not updating their class designs for Huge ships when new engine technology becomes available.

For example I received these three events in the same increment:
Code: [Select]
Boffa Interstellar Colony Ltd has launched a new Boffa Small F5 class Freighter
Boffa Interstellar Colony Ltd has launched a new Boffa Large F5 class Freighter
Boffa Interstellar Colony Ltd has launched a new Boffa Huge F3 class Freighter

The Small and Large freighters have been updated to incorporate internal containment fusion drives, but the Huge freighter is still using the two-generations-old ion drives that my empire started with.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #303 on: November 24, 2014, 12:41:12 AM »
Civilian shipping lines are not updating their class designs for Huge ships when new engine technology becomes available.

The Small and Large freighters have been updated to incorporate internal containment fusion drives, but the Huge freighter is still using the two-generations-old ion drives that my empire started with.
Maybe the huge ships are so expencive it literally took 2 generations to build it? :p
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Hurmdurm

• Petty Officer
  • H
« Reply #304 on: November 24, 2014, 10:13:13 AM »
Maybe the huge ships are so expencive it literally took 2 generations to build it? :p

Actually I think that civilian ships tend to decline in cost as engine tech improves...

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #305 on: November 25, 2014, 11:27:05 PM »
In my current side game I have for the first time tried out the "jump gate on everything" option. However, it only places gates on every jump point that was created during the system's generation. When I later found jump links that would track back to an already known system (and create a new jump point with that), it wouldn't create a gate on the newly spawned point, so I couldn't immediately turn back.
I could confirm this when I found the second of those circles, where it happened too.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #306 on: November 26, 2014, 10:17:42 AM »
In past games I've been hunted by the problem that at some point newly created ships would cause a single error window per built ship on a construction turn, causing them to come out of the factory without fuel. It was not a threatening problem, as I could just refuel them after, but mysterious.
I've now found the reason for this, as in my current side game fuel is suspiciously rare, so I could observe the situation more closely. The first time that this error appeared again was exactly when my fuel reserves hit the magical 2^31 barrier. My home planet has around 2.3b fuel currently, and after building some small unit, there was the error. The error disappears when I lift away over 500m liter with a tanker, so this is securely confirmed.

2.15b fuel reserve is not that much of an achievement for a planet. This time I got this with running 12 fuel platforms of 400 harvesters each, and those barely feed my single main freighter group, which only has a total of 100 holds (really not that much), yet consumes around 100m+ liters per single trip. (I experimented with "Clipper" designs, express or emergency fast freighters who have 50% tonnage as engines. Surprisingly expensive, didn't expect that. )
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 10:25:11 AM by Vandermeer »

Offline joeclark77

• Commander
  • j
« Reply #307 on: November 26, 2014, 03:56:56 PM »
When a tug with a tractor beam is towing an immobile station (no engines), and the station experiences a random maintenance error (in my case, a sensor needs maintenance and is immediately repaired with on-board supplies) I get the "Ship Slowed" message in my event log:
As Missile Defense Base 001 has slowed to 1 km/s due to damage, it has been detached from TG Stanley 001.
The tug moves onward but the tractor link doesn't break.  I have to break the tractor link manually, then order the tug to re-tractor the station.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #308 on: November 27, 2014, 04:11:23 AM »

Fixed for v6.50

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #309 on: November 30, 2014, 10:26:56 PM »
Shutting down manned maintenance facilities affects orbital installations as well (such as space stations with maintenance modules) making maintenance/overhaul impossible. (ver. 6.43)

Offline Zenorefe

• Leading Rate
  • Z
« Reply #310 on: December 02, 2014, 05:17:27 AM »
After trying to tug a ship with no fuel and another ship blowing up, I've been getting error 5 messages.  Which keep popping up, making the game unplayable.

38 years in, the truce timer is set at zero if that is important, it set it to that by itself.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #311 on: December 04, 2014, 12:23:15 PM »
Bug (I think) found with my jump ship (it has both commercial and military drives). Under the class design screen, it only shows one of the jump engines I have on it (the commercial one) but on the ship overview screen it only shows the military engine and is preventing my fleet (just a battleship 50k tons exactly) from jumping at JPs that don't have JGs. The military drive is rated for ships up to 52,500 tons. Is this a bug, or just how Jump drives work. The Jumps ship has no problem jumping.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 12:28:32 PM by 83athom »
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline hyramgraff

• Chief Petty Officer
  • h
« Reply #312 on: December 04, 2014, 12:29:56 PM »
Quote from: Vandermeer link=topic=7012.  msg77069#msg77069 date=1416979625
In my current side game I have for the first time tried out the "jump gate on everything" option.   However, it only places gates on every jump point that was created during the system's generation.   When I later found jump links that would track back to an already known system (and create a new jump point with that), it wouldn't create a gate on the newly spawned point, so I couldn't immediately turn back. 
I could confirm this when I found the second of those circles, where it happened too. 

The same thing has happened to me three times already in my current game.  Each time it's happened, I've added the missing jump gate in SM mode. 

Offline Kytuzian

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • K
« Reply #313 on: December 07, 2014, 10:46:36 AM »
I keep getting 'Error' 76 every few times I pass time, and then if I hit 'Okay' enough, it switches to 'Error 424'. If I close Aurora, then it gives me 'Error 3420'. I can kill the process and then restart the game, but it's incredibly annoying.

Offline Ostia

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • O
« Reply #314 on: December 09, 2014, 08:06:33 AM »
Error with adding Ship names

Version 6.43

1. Generate ShipNames.txt
2. Fill it with the following:
Oceanus
Tethys
Hyperion
Theia
Coeus
Phoebe
Cronus
Rhea
Mnemosyne
Themis
Crius
Iapetus
Helios
Selene
Eos
Lelantos
Leto
Asteria
Atlas
Prometheus
Epimetheus
Menoetius
Astraeus
Pallas
Perses
3. Place the file inside the Aurora directory
4. Import over Add Ship Names from the menu

I get one Error 438 and afterwards an endless stream of 2 Error 424 and 1 Error 3315. A try with just the first 3 names produced the same results.