Author Topic: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 94673 times)

Offline Captain_Goatse

• Leading Rate
  • C
Re: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #315 on: December 22, 2014, 02:10:41 PM »
Error in ShowMinerals

Error 35602 was generated by Nodes

Key is not unique in collection

Please report to. . .

Savegame is available on request.

Offline Korsar13

• Registered
  • Leading Rate
  • K
« Reply #316 on: December 24, 2014, 10:15:03 AM »
System Map, select 'Sol' and.   .   .   

Error 6 was generated by Aurora
Overlow

savegame: https://www. dropbox. com/s/6zpoqlajvx4kugf/Stevefire_bug. mdb?dl=0

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #317 on: December 26, 2014, 06:11:51 AM »
v 6.43

I do not know if this is a Bug or WAD so am reporting the info :-

I am in contact with 2 NPR races , both of whom I am now allied with and also I allow Trade access which means ships of both NPR's have free transit about my colonies.
However the NPR's are at war with each other , which results in many battles in different systems.

Recently a battle occurred in the Sol System right at Earth ( all my vessels being docked and passive orbiting Earth ) resulting in wrecks appearing of both sides - I took no part in the fighting and have assisted neither side. HOWEVER some of my ships in orbit and also some of my civilian freighters received missile hits from one or both of the NPR races ( I could not tell which race was the culprit ) resulting in destruction of some of my military and civilian ships.

On the diplomatic screen my stance towards the NPR's has changed to hostile , yet both NPR's stance towards myself is still at " Allied ".

I report this as I do not know whether an Allied NPR should be able to "accidentely " or "purposely" inflict damage on anothers fleet , if they are in close proximity when a conflict with an enemy fleet commences.

As I did not know if this was a bug or not , i have had to reload a save from some 6 months earlier Star Time and then disallow both allied NPR's from having Trade access to my colonies. Hopefully there will not know be a 3rd party battle around Earth.  

DavidR

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #318 on: December 26, 2014, 06:59:57 AM »
v 6.43

I do not know if this is a Bug or WAD so am reporting the info :-

I am in contact with 2 NPR races , both of whom I am now allied with and also I allow Trade access which means ships of both NPR's have free transit about my colonies.
However the NPR's are at war with each other , which results in many battles in different systems.

Recently a battle occurred in the Sol System right at Earth ( all my vessels being docked and passive orbiting Earth ) resulting in wrecks appearing of both sides - I took no part in the fighting and have assisted neither side. HOWEVER some of my ships in orbit and also some of my civilian freighters received missile hits from one or both of the NPR races ( I could not tell which race was the culprit ) resulting in destruction of some of my military and civilian ships.

On the diplomatic screen my stance towards the NPR's has changed to hostile , yet both NPR's stance towards myself is still at " Allied ".

I report this as I do not know whether an Allied NPR should be able to "accidentely " or "purposely" inflict damage on anothers fleet , if they are in close proximity when a conflict with an enemy fleet commences.

As I did not know if this was a bug or not , i have had to reload a save from some 6 months earlier Star Time and then disallow both allied NPR's from having Trade access to my colonies. Hopefully there will not know be a 3rd party battle around Earth.  

DavidR

Would a stray missile with active sensors have hit one of your ships? If it had lost it's original target do they not seek out the nearest new target not of their own empire?

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #319 on: December 26, 2014, 11:31:06 AM »
It's likely the missiles had sensors, and were seeking out the nearest ship that was not their own empire's. The same thing happened to Steve in the Solarian Empires game, and he decided to leave it as a "feature" to give some spontaneity to the game.

You can either try to rebuild relations or use it as a casus belli to to conquer an alien empire.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #320 on: December 26, 2014, 05:51:24 PM »
..he decided to leave it as a "feature" to give some spontaneity to the game...
Collatoral damage/Friendly fire.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Kytuzian

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • K
« Reply #321 on: December 27, 2014, 12:20:22 PM »
I keep getting 'Error' 76 every few times I pass time, and then if I hit 'Okay' enough, it switches to 'Error 424'. If I close Aurora, then it gives me 'Error 3420'. I can kill the process and then restart the game, but it's incredibly annoying.

Does anyone know why this is happening/how I can fix it? I've tried reinstalling, but that didn't fix it either.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #322 on: December 28, 2014, 07:50:36 PM »
Does anyone know why this is happening/how I can fix it? I've tried reinstalling, but that didn't fix it either.
You or a NPR simply did something that the game doesn't like. Sadly the only thing you can do is delete the game (the save file not aurora).
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Kytuzian

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • K
« Reply #323 on: December 28, 2014, 11:19:58 PM »
You or a NPR simply did something that the game doesn't like. Sadly the only thing you can do is delete the game (the save file not aurora).

I believe it must have been something I did, in that case, as I deleted the saves and started a new game, and had the bug again. Any idea on what specific activity might cause this?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #324 on: December 29, 2014, 07:14:41 AM »
At the top of the box which says Error 76, it should say something. That'll help narrow things down.

Offline Kytuzian

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • K
« Reply #325 on: December 29, 2014, 08:18:50 AM »
At the top of the box which says Error 76, it should say something. That'll help narrow things down.

Here is the exact error message:

If it means path in that a ship is trying to go somewhere, it can't be one of mine, as I don't have any ships yet.

Thanks for your help.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #326 on: December 29, 2014, 10:22:44 PM »
My guess is that it's the file path on the operating system.  The clue is "CreateGameLog" - Aurora creates log files in a directory somewhere (unfortunately I don't remember the location, but it's buried in the boards somewhere).  I suspect you've either got that directory write protected so that Aurora doesn't have permissions to open it, or it doesn't exist at all (hence the "Path not found").

You didn't install into Program Files, did you?  That's generally a bad idea due to protection issues....

John

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #327 on: December 29, 2014, 11:09:02 PM »
My guess is that it's the file path on the operating system.  The clue is "CreateGameLog" - Aurora creates log files in a directory somewhere (unfortunately I don't remember the location, but it's buried in the boards somewhere).  I suspect you've either got that directory write protected so that Aurora doesn't have permissions to open it, or it doesn't exist at all (hence the "Path not found").

You didn't install into Program Files, did you?  That's generally a bad idea due to protection issues....

John
I did and mine is fine. I did some sneaky stuff that I cant remember to be of help.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Kytuzian

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • K
« Reply #328 on: December 29, 2014, 11:54:31 PM »
I just used the Wrapper, so yes, it was installed to Program Files. Would it help running it in admin mode, or should I just try reinstalling it somewhere? I believe I also installed (on my other computer) to Program Files and had no issues, but I'll test it tomorrow and see what happens.

Offline Kytuzian

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • K
« Reply #329 on: December 30, 2014, 07:20:57 AM »
Running in admin mode seems to have fixed it, been going for around 10 years now, thanks everyone!