Author Topic: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 94673 times)

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #360 on: February 05, 2015, 09:23:54 PM »
Try making a colony on one of Jupiters moons, It won't fix your bug but at least you can avoid it, then use a tanker.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #361 on: February 09, 2015, 01:08:37 PM »
Not sure if its a bug or not, I've even looked to see if someone else reported it and no one did. Fleets with no ships have the options to "Enter Hyper Speed" and "Leave Hyper Speed". Just a small thing unless it is something that will be added back in later and that bit was just left there when it was taken out.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Witty

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #362 on: February 12, 2015, 07:48:13 PM »
It seems that the Minerals Located event doesn't appear on the system map, even when Show Events is enabled. It did display the announcement for my first geosurvey, a small asteroid, but the message hasn't appeared since.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #363 on: February 13, 2015, 05:28:58 AM »
Seems to be some kind of bug with transporting ship components.
Designed a ship with 25000 cargo (weight 50000 tons) . Ship displays capacity of 25000, sent the ship to Mars to pickup 4 size 25 engines, total weight 5000 , this fills the cargo holds which should have a capacity of 25000 tons, individual ship details screen displays 25004 capacity available..... what?
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #364 on: February 13, 2015, 07:53:09 AM »
Commercial shipping lines will build ships which have cargo handling before the technology has been researched.  Each time they build a ship it creates a string of errors for me to click through.

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #365 on: February 13, 2015, 10:56:16 AM »
Picking up a ground force training facility while all on a body are training units will spew errors until they finish training. Also, there seems to be no way to check pressence of portions of a GTFT less than in units of 1.

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #366 on: February 13, 2015, 12:04:45 PM »
Just realized that I can scrap ships of any size in any shipyard bay.  I just scrapped a 50k construction ship in a 1k FAC bay.  More of an exploit than a bug though.  Instead of making it so that it cannot work like this i think scrapping would be more realistic if it was scaled with the shipyard mod rate. 

"Sure you can recycle that 250k terraforming base in this bay for a FAC but it will take 17 years." 

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #367 on: February 13, 2015, 01:28:02 PM »
Im pretty sure someone already posted this but hwat the hell :

Truce does not work in Multi Sol Start ( it works only when everyone is on Earth ).
Everytime i put some civilizations on other Sol bodies, war happens after a month, half a year sometimes but reaaalllly soon no matter how high truce countdown is set.
Kinda sucks.
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #368 on: February 13, 2015, 03:57:45 PM »
Im pretty sure someone already posted this but hwat the hell :

Truce does not work in Multi Sol Start ( it works only when everyone is on Earth ).
Everytime i put some civilizations on other Sol bodies, war happens after a month, half a year sometimes but reaaalllly soon no matter how high truce countdown is set.
Kinda sucks.

Something else is going on. I ran a game with races in Sol on different planets and the truce held up as expected.

Offline CharonJr

• Lt. Commander
  • C
« Reply #369 on: February 13, 2015, 04:12:27 PM »
Had truce not working for me more often than working for more than a couple of months when using different planets, so just to be sure I used a single planet for all races for my latest game. But I have seen them working, but was never able to see any fixed pattern concerning the cause of the sudden attacks, but tend to suspect survey ships around the other races' planets.

Offline ego

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • e
« Reply #370 on: February 14, 2015, 09:04:57 AM »
Hope this is the right thread.  I play the 6. 43 version of Aurora, but keep getting 2 different error messages always the one kind after the other.

first i get

error 76 was genereted by aurora
Path not found
this error occures 2 times afterwards i gets

error 424 was genereted by aurora
object required

i the beginning af the game i can press return a few times and then continue with the game, but after some years i have to Ctrl, Alt, Delete out of the errors.

Offline Ixeziel

• Leading Rate
  • I
« Reply #371 on: February 14, 2015, 04:35:31 PM »
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, I have designed a military ship where the other eligible designs are for civ designed ships.   hxxp: i327.  photobucket.  com/albums/k443/Ixeziel/AuroraBug.  png

Offline Ynglaur

• Petty Officer
« Reply #372 on: February 17, 2015, 04:24:21 PM »
Very minor visual bug: the level of rounding between the Technology Report and the Create Research Project screen are different (4 and 3, respectively).

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #373 on: February 17, 2015, 04:42:48 PM »
Very minor visual bug: the level of rounding between the Technology Report and the Create Research Project screen are different (4 and 3, respectively).
Its just a rounding thing.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Ynglaur

• Petty Officer
« Reply #374 on: February 17, 2015, 07:33:30 PM »
I'm getting the following error, and restarting doesn't seem to resolve it.  I've only explored Sol, so I can't switch systems to see if that fixes it.

Error 6 was generated by Aurora
Overflow
Please report to http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/board,11.0.html

This error appears 3 times.  The first two, the dialog box says "Error in CentreOnLocation".  The third time it says "Error in DHM".
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 07:36:01 PM by Ynglaur »