Author Topic: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 94668 times)

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
Re: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #405 on: May 12, 2015, 02:03:12 PM »
My ships stopped dropping lifepods when destroyed ... Is it a bug or some kind of feature that i missed in 6.4 ??
I have no error window popping up, my log lacks the info that "XXX crew members made it into the life pods" and i lack the info that they have been captured by other empire .
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 02:11:12 PM by Lossmar »
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline mtm84

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #406 on: May 13, 2015, 11:30:50 PM »
Not sure if this has already been brought up, but I had some NPR ships that surrendered after I conquered them disappear after a few years of had passed.

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #407 on: May 14, 2015, 02:20:04 AM »
Not sure if this has already been brought up, but I had some NPR ships that surrendered after I conquered them disappear after a few years of had passed.

Yes I reported this a couple of versions ago, and its even more annoying if they are transporting facilities when they disappear >:(. I think its because some of the ships are civilian in origin, but other than that no idea why.
Ian
IanD

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #408 on: May 31, 2015, 12:37:20 AM »
Hmmm I seem to have to much groundtroops ::)

When I try se All Ground Forces I get "Error i PopulateGU" "Error 9 and subscript out of range..."
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #409 on: May 31, 2015, 02:11:27 AM »
Can you name how many you have? Would be a great addition to that 'limits of Aurora' thread.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline GreatTuna

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #410 on: May 31, 2015, 03:03:29 AM »
By the way, I get "Error in PopulateGU" "Error 11 Division by zero" every time I select.one of my colonies. Doesn't have much troops, but holds only about 100 citizens that just won't die of radiation, so I suspect population size has a role in this calculation mishap.
Aaand since the (visible) Police Strength Modifier stays unchanged from the previous selected colony, my guess is this is the cause of error.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
« Reply #411 on: June 01, 2015, 12:30:47 AM »
Can you name how many you have? Would be a great addition to that 'limits of Aurora' thread.

Some 25 Divisions... 😇

Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #412 on: June 01, 2015, 01:18:12 AM »
Oh, that is not that much actually, hmm. I usually stop recruiting around 16-18 Divisions on my homeworld. I will test that to confirm the limit later.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #413 on: June 02, 2015, 07:10:56 AM »
So, I went through that yesterday evening and today, and could confirm there is a limit between 23 and 24 divisions where this problem starts showing up. It is exactly that "Error in PoplateGU" issue, but the error window only spawns when you select the ground unit tab, and the ground units get listed.(..which means if you have them in ships around the planet, you will only get the error upon selecting to include them from the tab there)
After a number of click through error windows I got this structure at the end of the page:

..which is essentially the last parties appearing double for some reason.(ignore the red arrows - I had another theory at first, but could falsify it shortly after by further testing) I got 8 error windows for 24 divisions, so if that correlates to the number of battalions that are too much, then 496 battalions is the limit before error. However, only 4 battalions became displaced, and there might be a double error window for each for some reason, so it could be exactly 500 instead.

Also, I am not sure if attaching to HQ might play a role or not, so you could maybe have 500+ battalions if they were unattached. Cannot test it today anymore, but if you'd like to see and fiddle around a bit for yourself, here is the Stevefire with the testable environment situation set up: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3vZFhO9KKngeVRMd0pQSExuYWc/view?usp=sharing
The habitat that functions as a 30 division capacity troop transport hovers over Luna. (btw.: notice the difference in colony window load-up compared to Luna? That is because sorting of ground units is the one and only hog onto the loading time of those windows, so if your largest(/top in selection) colony is freed from them, you can still load fast even in late game [/side-note, and proven here])
To see the troops (and the error) you have to of course manually select the dropdown to include the orbiting ships in the listing.

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #414 on: June 02, 2015, 11:20:28 PM »
GetMaxPotentialSensorRange

Error 6 Was generated

Overflow

Ugh, every cycle.  Going to try a backup.

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #415 on: June 03, 2015, 08:37:16 AM »

Error 6 Was generated

Overflow

Sounds like a couple of NPR's fighting somewhere.

In my current game, 26 years in I usually see the following a few times every time increment

Error in ObserveJumpPoint
Error 6 was generated by Aurora
Overflow
Please report etc

Ian
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 10:08:33 AM by IanD »
IanD

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #416 on: June 03, 2015, 11:31:11 AM »

Error 6 Was generated

Overflow

Loading a 30 min old backup seems to have solved the issue.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #417 on: June 05, 2015, 03:32:43 AM »
I had a strange bug for some time that I thought at first was a feature. A lot of officers from a conquered npr wandered over and joined my staff upon conquering their capital. Looks like this:

...Notice that they don't have a rank, which is probably the reason these guys started to make problems. For example, whenever I now want to create a geology team, I get the following error windows (first every time the list is created or refreshed {also appears in other situations often enough}, second upon creation of the actual team):

It only happens on the geology groups here though, which is why I finally made the connection, because survey skills is the only relevant skill some of these officers have.
Btw., I can not directly select any of the Governors or Scientists who came over. This whole thing started back when I took the npr home planet from another npr that had just conquered it shortly before. Suddenly there were 13 Admirals in my staff on top of the single one I had. If thought that was a funny thing and made it a story point in the Astral Republic thread.(ambassadors coming over to negotiate the future and repopulation after freeing them) So the Admirals and the Ground Commanders were the only ones I could select directly in the officer list, where I eventually deleted them. (..or send them back somehow, don't remember)
With the Scientists and Governors I didn't even now for long that they also were there, because in my first screening I couldn't find any suspicious names in the lists, as they do not get listed on the left due to their missing rank. However, the right list doesn't care about rank, so this is where I eventually saw them and could also confirm some of their skills, like survey.(still cannot directly select them to see their profile) I think it is pretty safe to say that the missing rank is what is causing these issues here.

Why they are there to begin with? No idea.
I conquered two other nprs in that game, and some nprs previous to 6.42, but this never happened so far. The only thing that was different this time is as said that I took their home planet back from another 3rd party npr, which is some unique situation up to now.

Eventually the problem will solve itself, as I sometimes see these messages in the log:

Offline nafaho7

• Chief Petty Officer
  • n
« Reply #418 on: June 05, 2015, 07:02:02 PM »
Windows Version: 8
Aurora Version: 6. 43
Administrator Mode ON

Conventional Start @ YR 2050, 1 Starting NPR, 30% NPR Creation Chance
Precursors ON, Star Swarm ON, Invaders OFF

Error occurred on 9th February 2063, after thirteen years of otherwise smooth gameplay.
Error occurred 3-4 times in the midst of a long series of 5 second long turns.
Error could be clicked through with no noticeable effects on my end.

Error Text
Error in AddShipHistory

Error 3201 was generated by DAO. Recordset
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'Ship'.
Please report to hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php/board,11. 0. html

I had a similar error appear.
The details of the error are as follows.

Window Title: Error in AddShipHistory
Text: Error 3201 was generated by DAO.Recordset
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'Ship'.
Please report to http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/board,11.0.html

As a side note, the game was started with 2 active NPRs at galaxy generation, all spoilers active, and all orbital motion active.
At the time of the reported error, the game was running with Auto-Turns on, set for 8-hour increments, but reporting much shorter increments, generally 5 or 10 seconds.  I presume that several ships were engaged in combat, or that detailed sensor data was required for tracking purposes.

Windows 8
Aurora 6.43

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
« Reply #419 on: June 06, 2015, 01:42:28 AM »
Research:

On a moon in Sirius system I am working on Terraforming 0.005, sofar no problem...except it will take som 48 years to finish... But on Earth I can start researching Terraforming 0.006... ???
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"