Author Topic: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 94698 times)

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #525 on: September 16, 2015, 08:42:56 AM »
That being said, the DB can be corrupted by a crash (or other weird things can happen) so you should save early and often.  There's  thread in FAQ describing a save strategy, plus I think the installer might have some save functionality.

John

The backup utility I wrote (http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?board=178.0) backs up the database on a timed interval.

Offline WCG

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • W
« Reply #526 on: September 16, 2015, 09:51:04 AM »
The backup utility I wrote (http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?board=178.0) backs up the database on a timed interval.

There's a caveat in the first post: "I am not sure what will happen if Aurora is trying to write to the database when the launcher tries to copy it."

Is that still an issue? I downloaded the program, but I haven't been using it, mostly for that reason - and also because I didn't think I needed it. I do keep a backup, occasionally, just in case. But not very often. So I'd probably be wise to use that utility.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #527 on: September 16, 2015, 10:53:02 AM »
There's a caveat in the first post: "I am not sure what will happen if Aurora is trying to write to the database when the launcher tries to copy it."

Is that still an issue? I downloaded the program, but I haven't been using it, mostly for that reason - and also because I didn't think I needed it. I do keep a backup, occasionally, just in case. But not very often. So I'd probably be wise to use that utility.

I think, at worst you will have some records with unresolved locks.

It may fail with a cannot copy file.

Not actually sure what will happen. I think the chances of it happening are pretty low. I was never able to catch it mid-write option during my testing.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #528 on: September 19, 2015, 01:36:03 PM »
I just noticed a PDC with significantly higher build costs than I thought when I designed it, sure enough the displayed cost of boat bays isn't the same as its actual resource cost.
Boat bays list a cost of 30 but a requirement of 50 vendarite, adding a boat bay will raise the displayed BP cost to go up by 30 under both the design view and the component summary tabs, but when I build a PDC It lists a cost of 50 vendarite per bait bay in the design. Note that hangers cost 100 each, 75 of that being vendarite, if boat bays should cost 30 altogether then their vendarite cost would be 22.5.

Edit: has the fighter overhaul bug been fixed yet? I've got a few fighters stuck in overhaul I can't cancel, their maintenance clocks going up, I thought landing them on a carrier until they were repaired would help but they're still on overhaul.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 12:51:51 AM by MarcAFK »
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Triato

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • T
Error 3021 Something about a database not found
« Reply #529 on: September 21, 2015, 10:12:24 AM »
I was attacking a pair of precursor bases with a beems only fleet that used gauss turrets and fixed lasers all the approach I got this 3021 error, I think it ocurred once for every missile one of the 40 missiles I intercepted (which was all of them). I got in range and after loosing a 4th of the fleet to one of the bases armed with lasser turrets (I think) I destroyed the beam armed one and disabled the second (in hopes of building a boarding ship and boarding it). There was no colony or ground forces in the surface (I had my fleet on top of it and an EM scout among them), I had a range 70 mill active scout with a resolution for 3000 ton ships.

I thod about creating a colony since the planet was ideal and got 3 full colony ships to the planet, I also got a few jump carriers with 3 fast attack craft (speed 17000) and grav and geo survey ships and also some other ships. The thing is I had many ships in orbit, many of which were fast and had long range sensors.

Suddenly a new kind of precursor ship apeared on the planet it was 16000 tons and had a 2000 termal signature. I thod it was strange but I thod I could take it. My crews were not very well trained so, for the next two 5 sec increments, they didn´t fire, the enemy ship didn´t move or fire, and on the next 5 sec increment it disapeared despite all my sensors. I never got an active sensor notice (we were at point blank range) and I had many ships with active sensors, some of them long range. I checked to make sure the active sensors were on.

At the same time as the enemy ship appeared, ground forces also appeared.

Then, after a few 5 sec increments with nothing happening, I gave the order to cease fire and to stop trying to follow a ship that was not there and started using 5 day increments. The colony ships and carriers arrived to the planet and I started a survey operation. I didn´t landed the colonists becouse of the ground troops, so the colony ships sat in orbit with all the other fleets.

A few days latter, I get another string of 3021 errors, all of my ships over the planet dissapeared, the fleets are still there empty, but no ships in them.

I did a backup before the approach, but it took a hole afternoon to get where I am. Is there a way to recreate my fleets and recreate my officers (or something close) and recreate the crew training of my ships? Is there a way to avoid the error in the future?

I put the show errors option in the events log but they don´t show.

The error has been reported before but without the loss of ships:

Quote from: illrede on June 21, 2015, 02:00:04 PM

Error in PointBlankPDFire
        Error 3021 was generated by dao.Field
        No current record.

This happens every time my ships fire point defense; except for two times with CIWS systems firing at single small salvos. Clicking "OK" eternally will eventually get through it (I just hold down the enter key), and an automatic further sub-pulse cycling seems unavoidable (making a combat action against AMM barrages in 5 second increments one single long thing, with no interaction opportunity.)

Same thing is happening to me right now.
I'm using mostly railguns for PD - and a few gauss turrets.
A problem with railguns perhaps? Has anybody else encountered this issue?
v6.43 All-In-One

Edit: Eh f*ck. Even with no PD active (everything unassigned, no PD mode selected) and while just letting the spoilers spam AMMs on me this error still occurs.

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #530 on: September 21, 2015, 11:44:47 AM »
i  forget how i got around that bug, but i believe it has to do with bugged components. don't quote me on that. try redesigning your fire controls, etc., and resetting all your combat settings

Offline Nemoricus

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • N
« Reply #531 on: September 21, 2015, 10:29:57 PM »
So, I've run into a bit of a weird problem.  I was moving a geology team from one moon to another, and at the end of the move, the team vanished into the aether.

It might have something to do with the fact that I was aggressively pruning my list of colonies, but I'm fairly sure I was careful not to remove the ones my geology teams were on.

The team still exists, all of the members still exist, and they're all assigned to the team.  However, their location is listed as blank and I can't pick up the team from the moon where they were supposed to dropped off.

Also, the last event for the team was "Team dropped off on " (blank name for the world. )

Any idea what's going on here and how I can fix it?

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #532 on: September 21, 2015, 11:10:15 PM »
Try Creating a new colony on whatever body they were last on?
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "

Offline Nemoricus

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • N
« Reply #533 on: September 22, 2015, 07:30:00 AM »
Quote from: MarcAFK link=topic=7012. msg81188#msg81188 date=1442895015
Try Creating a new colony on whatever body they were last on?

No dice.  I tried creating a colony on the previous world and the destination world, and they're still MIA.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #534 on: September 22, 2015, 07:56:07 AM »
Oh. On the leaders screen at the bottom left is a drop down menu next to a button labelled move. Select the officers if they still exist there, change the list to a colony, and try moving them.

Offline Nemoricus

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • N
« Reply #535 on: September 23, 2015, 06:32:52 PM »
Quote from: MarcAFK link=topic=7012. msg81191#msg81191 date=1442926567
Oh.  On the leaders screen at the bottom left is a drop down menu next to a button labelled move.  Select the officers if they still exist there, change the list to a colony, and try moving them.

Ah, that worked.  Moved the first officer, and then all the rest reappeared on Earth.  The team appears to be have been disbanded, but that's okay.  I can just recreate it.

Thanks!

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #536 on: September 24, 2015, 01:26:39 AM »
You probably need space master on to use that, but I guess you know that by now :p

Offline Nemoricus

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • N
« Reply #537 on: September 24, 2015, 07:31:36 AM »
Quote from: MarcAFK link=topic=7012. msg81232#msg81232 date=1443075999
You probably need space master on to use that, but I guess you know that by now :p

You do, but I figured that out.  :)

Thanks again for the help.

Offline Triato

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • T
« Reply #538 on: September 24, 2015, 09:55:27 AM »
Thank yo deadly shoe, Ill try that and report.

Is your name about the chinnese assasin in Austin powers?

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #539 on: September 24, 2015, 10:57:25 AM »
I HAD THIS NAME BEFORE AUSTIN POWERS

*cries*