Author Topic: Sorium Harvesting  (Read 1200 times)

Offline Canaris (OP)

• Petty Officer
Sorium Harvesting
« on: January 15, 2010, 10:37:46 PM »
FNG here, got a real quick noob question,

After reading through the wiki and browsing the forum, I wasn't able to find an answer to my question.

When you harvest sorium from a gas giant, does the collected fuel go to a cargo hold or fuel storage?

Aside from that, between the forum and the wiki, I'm finding all the info I need.

Thanks for such an awesome game, Steve!

EDIT: I found the answer myself, only to come across another problem when I try to use the conditional order to unload 90% fuel:

Error 5
Invalid procedure call or argument

It also seems that the conditional order to unload and move to nearest sorium gas giant doesn't work.

Is there any way to unload fuel manually?
"Fairytales do not tell children that monsters exist, children already know they exist. Fairytales tell children that monsters can be killed."

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Sorium Harvesting
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 12:35:27 AM »
Quote from: "Canaris"
Is there any way to unload fuel manually?

I usually go to the "Miscellaneous" tab of the "Individual Unit Details" screen (F6).  There's dialogs there to transfer fuel and maint. supplies between (colocated) ships and planets.

John

Offline Canaris (OP)

• Petty Officer
Re: Sorium Harvesting
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 04:32:57 PM »
Ah, very nice! Thanks for the reply - found it.

There's just so much depth in this game/simulator that I often get wrapped up in a single thing, neglecting others.

Only to realize I need those other things as well to progress. Needless to say, I'm on my 7th restart, but I'm doing well now.
"Fairytales do not tell children that monsters exist, children already know they exist. Fairytales tell children that monsters can be killed."