Author Topic: Retire all selected officers  (Read 1445 times)

Offline PTTG (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Retire all selected officers
« on: December 03, 2011, 07:45:33 PM »
Currently, "retire" only removes one officer at a time, even if several are selected. It'd be nice to delete several at once.

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
Re: Retire all selected officers
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 02:22:57 PM »
Seconded.  I suggest putting this in the actual suggestion thread and creating a link to this conversation (steve reads these less frequently than the 50 page suggested thread, amazingly)

Once you build up your schools, you get hundreds of officers-- and you don't always need them all.  I'd like to filter out and fire all the bad scientists and perhaps clear out the lousy officers and civilian administrators, in bulk, periodically.  Simply because the game is tracking their promotions and I'd be amazed if that isn't a contributing factor to late game slowdown.   I think it would be better for standard officers to be hired as needed depending on the level of academies available. 

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Retire all selected officers
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 10:12:26 AM »
Seconded.  I suggest putting this in the actual suggestion thread and creating a link to this conversation (steve reads these less frequently than the 50 page suggested thread, amazingly)

It's not that I read the stand-along suggestions less than the main thread as I don't check the main thread very often. However, unless the standalone suggestion is something I can work on at the moment I read it (which assumes that I like the suggestion, I currently have the enthusiasm for working on Aurora and I have the necessary time right now), then I will forget about it. When I have time/enthusiasm, I scan back through the main suggestion thread to see what I can find. If you want a standalone thread so that others can comment, your best bet is to add a summary to the main suggestion thread along with a link to the stand-alone thread.

Steve