Author Topic: How many troop transport units are required to move enginer brigades?  (Read 1575 times)

Offline PTTG (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
How large are Engineering Brigades? Or battilions or whatever they are? I've been trying to move one of the hundreds of engineer groups from earth to a interesting ruin, and they won't. get. on. the. ship. I've even used SM mode to set the transport ship to have hundreds of transport modules, and they still won't board it.

What am I missing?

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
Re: How many troop transport units are required to move enginer brigades?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 01:55:53 AM »
an engineer brigade is composed of 5 batallions... but units cannot be split amongst multiple ships.

I was perplexed at first, too!  Now I am developing division-sized transport ships for really moving some peeps around :)

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 08:07:32 AM »
I generally build Divisional sized transports with troop capacity of 21 or 22 Battalions, which carry either a regular division of 1x DivHQ, 4x BgdHQ and 16xBtn(pick & mix flavours) or 1x DivHQ,1xBgdHQ + 2xMI, 1xEngHQ+3xEng  (the 22 cap type usually also has a Replacement Btn).

These can be loaded in the Task Groups screen (F12) by selecting the appropriate Planet,  Choosing the Load Ground Unit into Transport Bay order, selecting the appropriate Division, making sure that the Load Entire Formation if HQ Selected box is checked, and then pressing the Add Move button (note there is no double click functionality in these orders).

If you're carrying out these steps and you're still not loading are you sure you have updated the ship correctly?  Remember, if you have SM changed the class it doesn't affect individual ships in that class until you either do a refit or repair at a shipyard OR view the individual ship in the F6 menu

The only real problem I have at the moment is that since the Civillian vessel construction has been so badly affected in 5.52 it now takes 10 years to build each 100kt Divisional Transport whereas it used to be built at a roughly comparable rate to the 20kt naval units ie 2-3 years

« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 08:19:56 AM by ZimRathbone »
Slàinte,

Mike

Offline PTTG (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 10:56:50 PM »
If you're carrying out these steps and you're still not loading are you sure you have updated the ship correctly?  Remember, if you have SM changed the class it doesn't affect individual ships in that class until you either do a refit or repair at a shipyard OR view the individual ship in the F6 menu

Well, that's the problem. Thanks.