Author Topic: PDC with deployment time 0  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Detros (OP)

• Commander
PDC with deployment time 0
« on: February 21, 2017, 04:57:26 AM »
I have set deployment time of my PDC hangars to 0 with several crew quarters added via "Keep excess quarters" for crew of docked ships.
After few years half of crew of one of hangars died due to failure of life support system...

Do even PDCs need some small deployment time or what? I thought they don't as they are land based.

EDIT: It seems the lowest "valid" deployment time for those hangars is 0.00005 months or ~130s.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 05:13:10 AM by Detros »

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: PDC with deployment time 0
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 06:23:32 AM »
I imagine you're getting an overflow as the game assumes you're going to be entering a number for deployment time. You do deploy your PDC's don't you? XD
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 08:47:04 AM »
The very low numbers for PDC deployment works on populated planets but not so much on unpopulated planets.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Detros (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 08:52:50 AM »
The very low numbers for PDC deployment works on populated planets but not so much on unpopulated planets.
I am talking here about Earth hangars.

I guess it may be caused by comma/period language settings. For all those years I was using comma (and just hold-enter-ed through all those errors it caused) the hangars were fine but since I have recently fixed those settings the hangars are starting to crumble with their 0 deployment time. I try to design a new version with 0.1 deployment time or so and see if refitting all those hangars will help.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 09:25:44 AM »
Ah, that is definitely the issue. Its been repeated time and time again to switch your settings from comma to period due to some issues that may occur. Sadly you cannot refit PDCs, but you can delete the old designs and SM in the new ones.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Detros (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 09:42:25 AM »
Ah, that is definitely the issue. Its been repeated time and time again to switch your settings from comma to period due to some issues that may occur. Sadly you cannot refit PDCs, but you can delete the old designs and SM in the new ones.
As I am running Aurora through Wine on Ubuntu it took me some time to figure out how to change the settings for Aurora only and not for the rest of system. And I was more interested in playing more then to figure out. But in the end it is pretty simple, you just
Code: [Select]
cd to the folder with Aurora (just adding that folder to PATH may work too) and use
Code: [Select]
LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 wine Aurora.exe.
to change all your language settings to en_US just for this one command.

And I can refit PDCs. See in Industry, its under "Installations", "Ship components" and so on, the second to last option.

The following users thanked this post: Bughunter

Offline Detros (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 10:35:04 AM »
Apparently that "Error 11 in CheckCrewMorale: Division by zero" is connected to this. As I am refitting my hangars to version with 0.1 deployment time the amount of these errors per 5 day increments gets lower.