Author Topic: Ghost Ground Unit  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Jeltz (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Ghost Ground Unit
« on: September 30, 2011, 10:33:19 AM »
Ok, I'm an eternal newbie but - and this it's not a news  ;D - I don't understand . . .  I started a new game and in the Ground Units tab I found few Heavy Assault Batallion, some Assault Infantry Batallion and so on.  I try to training new units and surprisingly this is possible althoug I haven't any Logistic prerequisite (and no in SM mode): the new Unit is simply trained as "nnth Type"; time has passed, the training end, but now where are my ghost units? After a wearing search  :P  I found them in the Leaders screen selecting a Ground Force Officer as leader type and Ground forces as assignement filter type.
The questions are: what type of units are they?  Are They using ordanance or resources anyway? Can I change these "ghosts" in some standard formations?
Why Aurora give me a unit but not the relative tecnology?

J.

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Ghost Ground Unit
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 10:45:41 AM »
Ok, I'm an eternal newbie but - and this it's not a news  ;D - I don't understand . . .  I started a new game and in the Ground Units tab I found few Heavy Assault Batallion, some Assault Infantry Batallion and so on.  I try to training new units and surprisingly this is possible althoug I haven't any Logistic prerequisite (and no in SM mode): the new Unit is simply trained as "nnth Type"; time has passed, the training end, but now where are my ghost units? After a wearing search  :P  I found them in the Leaders screen selecting a Ground Force Officer as leader type and Ground forces as assignement filter type.
The questions are: what type of units are they?  Are They using ordanance or resources anyway? Can I change these "ghosts" in some standard formations?
Why Aurora give me a unit but not the relative tecnology?

J.

This looks to be related to the bug I logged recently.  It's related to the addition of a research requirement for ground unit types.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley