Author Topic: unrest provoking independence  (Read 3164 times)

Online Kaiser (OP)

• Commander
  • K
unrest provoking independence
« on: November 13, 2014, 02:24:31 PM »
I don't know if it has been suggested, but I'm actually facing some hard unrest in 2 colonies of mine, because lack of PPV. It would be nice if there would be a chance that the population under unrest after many days\months would declare the independence under another nation for example.

Offline swarm_sadist

• Lt. Commander
  • s
Re: unrest provoking independence
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 04:09:00 PM »
addendum:

The ability to declare an empire as a child of another empire during Create Empire in SM mode. Further, the ability to declare what type of child it was: revolutionary, separatism, puppet government, etc.

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 10:58:50 AM »
I could've sworn it was already a thing? Enough unrest and it is "taken over by barbarians". I am not sure if it makes an AI hild it's assets or if it is just a brainless hostile colony.

Offline GreatTuna

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 11:09:22 AM »
If that was a case, I would lose about 20 colonies in my game.
So separatism isn't happening as of now.

Offline gamedesign69

• Leading Rate
  • g
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 12:51:20 PM »
You can do this manually in SM mode, so while the feature would be extremely cool to implement, at least you can DIY if you have to!

Offline swarm_sadist

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 09:23:08 PM »
Still, having the ability to declare what relationship they have with each other is nice. You would not want the people you just 'liberated' to declare war during the next turn, neither would you want the 'revolutionaries' to sit there doing nothing.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 07:15:45 AM »
A completely new social model of the game would be an interesting feature to add. You can of course role play this and simulate conflict by the use of SM mode but not everyone are comfortable using this method.

It would be interesting of populations could have a major philosophical ideology and worlds perhaps have more than one population with different ideologies of the same race at the same time which could create conflicts. Ultimately your government need to have a philosophy and populations would then have different reactions toward the government based on their ideology and how they are treated.

A feature like this would be interesting but would require a lot of work to implement.

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 09:38:10 PM »
I like that idea. Perhaps have factions that form on planets, and between them if your empire authorizes communication or trade, and have the faction maintain certain attributes like Public Opinion Per Population (of all people who actually care about the person, in persons For and Against), active members, industrial and such holdings, et cetera.
You could play a Control Economy empire and set policy stifle civilian developement to reduce diplomatic friction with powerful entities, or support them and open up opportunity for growth of wealth and automation of industry transport, though the factions may get some political opinions or demands of their own...

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 02:19:34 PM »
Yes yes sweet jesus YES.

I would LOVE to see a proper civil war with ships, colonies, ground units and characters defecting to each side based on where they were born etc. It would be so fuggin awesome <3
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 08:28:53 AM »
Perhaps tie this in with the new neutral populations?
Rather than severe unrest causing a new independent NPR from appearing instead you just get a neutral population, or perhaps you could get either depending on the circumstances.
Theres nothing to stop you from reconquering them anyway :p
Well, there really should be something prevention you from doing exactly that, perhaps when they become neutral/hostile a percentage of the population is recruited into ground units.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 06:06:07 PM »
It would be interesting for role play if there are several indicators which could be modified by influences. Let's take the United Federation of Planets as an example. The Federation does not expand by conquering but by offering the people a hope for a better life. If an alien race is in contact with the Federation this will influence the population of that alien race over time to become a member of the Federation. The people at some point will begin to demand membership and if you as a politician don't comply - well, you get unrest etc.

It would also be intersting if the Federation has a secret espionage group which works underground to add to the cultural influence they already have. Of course you as a politician will see your demographic developments and can start counter propaganda... . At least if you don't want to join the Federation.