Author Topic: Geo Survey Points required for each body  (Read 1401 times)

Offline welchbloke (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Geo Survey Points required for each body
« on: May 28, 2010, 09:18:40 AM »
I know I should know the answer to this but, how many survey points are required to survey a system body?  I have recently been dropping geo buoys in systems that have only one or 2 bodies to survey; however, I am starting to think that the bouy won't generate enough points before it runs out of endurance.
Welchbloke

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Geo Survey Points required for each body
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 11:42:10 AM »
Quote from: "welchbloke"
I know I should know the answer to this but, how many survey points are required to survey a system body?  I have recently been dropping geo buoys in systems that have only one or 2 bodies to survey; however, I am starting to think that the bouy won't generate enough points before it runs out of endurance.

IIRC typical planets are tens, gas giants are 100s.  There should be a checkbox on the system map to display survey points needed for each body....

John

Offline welchbloke (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 01:19:30 PM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"
Quote from: "welchbloke"

IIRC typical planets are tens, gas giants are 100s.  There should be a checkbox on the system map to display survey points needed for each body....

John
Found it thanks, it is on the Display2 Tab.  Nice to know there are functions in Aurora that I didn't know existed  :D
Welchbloke

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 04:47:25 PM »
It varies by the mass of the planet, so the easy way to know is to look.