Author Topic: How to Fight With Fighters More Efficiently  (Read 1314 times)

Offline Kytuzian (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • K
How to Fight With Fighters More Efficiently
« on: January 25, 2017, 05:23:06 PM »
So I'm fighting a battle with a fleet in which only the fighters have weapons. This involves a lot of launching fighters and splitting them into groups so that I don't waste too many missiles, sending them towards the enemy, targeting, launching missiles, cease firing, sending them back to be reloaded, et cetera, et cetera. Is there any way to automate any part of this sequence (other than Auto-Fire, which I've found to be terribly inefficient and heard to be rather buggy).

Offline Michael Sandy

• Commodore
  • M
Re: How to Fight With Fighters More Efficiently
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 09:57:28 PM »
If your missiles have sensors, then if your salvo overkills the target, the remaining missiles will use their onboard sensors to lock on to another target, or proceed to their original target's location.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 12:02:07 AM »
I know it's possible to use Aurora this way, but it still eludes me so i'm just leaving a note for when someone else answers.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 12:20:18 AM »
the naval organization tab is your best bet.  You can relatively quickly break fighters into firing groups.  Using the Branch button to create a TG or Branch+Sub will also automatically launch said parasite.

If you arn't already, use the Multi Target Same Loc button in the combat overview; it's very helpful for large numbers of enemy targets.

Offline Kytuzian (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • K
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 06:52:52 AM »
If your missiles have sensors, then if your salvo overkills the target, the remaining missiles will use their onboard sensors to lock on to another target, or proceed to their original target's location.

I've already designed new missiles with sensors, but haven't produced nearly enough of them for a combat fleet yet. Thanks, though.

the naval organization tab is your best bet.  You can relatively quickly break fighters into firing groups.  Using the Branch button to create a TG or Branch+Sub will also automatically launch said parasite.

If you arn't already, use the Multi Target Same Loc button in the combat overview; it's very helpful for large numbers of enemy targets.

Okay. I'll look into that, thanks. And unfortunately the Multi Target Same Loc thing doesn't work because my fighters don't have enough firepower to take down an enemy ship by themselves because of their shields, so I need to focus 3-4 to destroy one target.