Author Topic: Six Stars - Rules  (Read 5064 times)

Offline Nightstar (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • N
Six Stars - Rules
« on: April 17, 2013, 07:18:28 PM »
Stuff that's not a normal part of aurora...

No capital/sector civ admins. I'm enforcing this through demotions, but just so you know. Sucky, I know, but I can't control the attributes of civadmins easily without another password, and an exceptional admin can make a HUGE difference.

I can't seem to mark your planets as surveyed by a geo team. If you find extra minerals on your home planet, I'll be removing them. Sorry again.

No computer controlled stuff. Anything you find has a brain behind it.

I'll edit in anything I forgot.

Offline Nightstar (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • N
Re: Six Stars - Rules
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 09:27:15 AM »
It turns out you can move teams and officers around without needing a ship. Even without SM mode. DON'T do this. Thank you.

Offline Nightstar (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • N
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 03:37:02 PM »
Tech to be traded must be carried by ships. Any ship with a bridge is capable of carrying tech. If a ship with tech is captured, so is the tech. If a ship with tech is destroyed, salvaging the ship will recover some of the tech. A ship can give its tech to another ship, or to a population.

Offline Panopticon

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 09:00:35 PM »
So I can't assign a governor to my home planet? Or am I missing something in the no capitol/sector civ admins?

Not really a huge fan if that is the case, seeing as it cuts out much of the use for about a third of my academy graduates.

Offline Gidoran

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 09:08:21 PM »
So I can't assign a governor to my home planet? Or am I missing something in the no capitol/sector civ admins?

Not really a huge fan if that is the case, seeing as it cuts out much of the use for about a third of my academy graduates.

Nightstar's in IRC right now if you wanna join in and poke him. I'm not too sure on this myself or I'd answer.
"Orbital bombardment solves a myriad of issues permanently. This is sometimes undesirable."
- Secretary General Orlov of the Triumvirate of Venus

Offline Nightstar (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • N
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 09:58:37 PM »
Yeah, you can't assign an admin to your home planet. I'm not really a fan of it either. The problem is, civ admins are very luck based. Back in children of sol, an factory production admin made a big difference. Actually, if my memory serves, you had that admin. In this game, the best starting admins for each player varied from 10% factory production to ones like this:

(admin six before demotion)

I didn't want to seriously imbalance the races right off the start. If you have a better idea, please share it.

Offline Gidoran

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 10:31:39 PM »
I'm okay with the limit if it's a temporary thing. I mean, now it will make a huge difference, but ten years in?
"Orbital bombardment solves a myriad of issues permanently. This is sometimes undesirable."
- Secretary General Orlov of the Triumvirate of Venus