Author Topic: lazy civs!  (Read 1404 times)

Offline chrislocke2000 (OP)

• Captain
  • c
lazy civs!
« on: July 12, 2011, 10:42:33 AM »
Hey all

So I'm five years into a new game and so far I've not had a single civ ship get built despite having commercial designs, two freight companies and having subsidised them. Any ideas on what else I can do? I've also got 4 mil colonists on mars with demand so I'm not sure why those freight companies would not be building ships?

Offline jseah

• Captain
  • j
Re: lazy civs!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 11:55:43 AM »
Try using a 24 hour construction increment (86 000)?

I haven't tested how civ construction is affected by increment length, but alot of these sorts of "random events" are affected. 

Offline Mel Vixen

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 03:19:22 PM »
You dont happen to have jumpengines on the ships? I made the experience that civis dont buy jumpfreighters (atleast in my games).
"Share and enjoy, journey to life with a plastic boy, or girl by your side, let your pal be your guide.  And when it brakes down or starts to annoy or grinds as it moves and gives you no joy cause its has eaten your hat and or had . . . "

- Damaged robot found on Sirius singing a flat 5th out of t

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 04:58:26 PM »
Thats true, ive never seen them buy a jumpfreighter.  Sometimes they are lazy, and sometimes it takes a long time for shipping lines to emerge.  I don't think I had a proper civilian sector in my current game until my first outsystem colony was established.  If you have an emerged line already, subsidize it-- they have to have kickoff capital to build that first freighter if they havn't already.

Make sure you give them the chance to do colony ships and luxury yachts.

Offline Jacob/Lee

• Lt. Commander
  • (Where I got this .gif beats me!)
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 07:06:12 PM »
I had a civilian shipping line get formed with only colonies in Sol before, once the first feet landed on the ground on Mars 2 more shipping lanes formed within the following years and the one that had been around for 30 some odd years finally started building ships. Since then, the shipping lines have atleast 4 ships each, all 4 of them.

Of course, I have jump gates built on every single JP and not a single ship exists in my arsenal with jump drives equipped, because I set every JP to have a gate on it.

Offline Ziusudra

• Lt. Commander
  • Z
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 07:56:35 PM »
Also, make sure the designs are not marked as obsolete.